Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #1

Excited for our New Lacrosse 318BHS

We are getting ready to trade out Flagstaff 831FKSS and pick up our Lacrosse Touring Edition 318BHS. We are looking forward to taking this out this weekend and getting familiar with it

2004 Suzuki Volusia
lkeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #2

we love ours! ... best layout for our family out there.
Minooka, IL.
checca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #3

Checca

Thinking about removing the bunk above the couch and switching the outside fridge door. Those are about the only two things I would change

2004 Suzuki Volusia
Old 04-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkeul View Post
Checca

Thinking about removing the bunk above the couch and switching the outside fridge door. Those are about the only two things I would change
We leave the bunk down ... I can fit on the couch fine and the kids like to sit up with and play / watch tv.

I also switched the fridge door around ... takes about 5 mins as its only held down by a three screws. One in the front hinge and two from the bottom into the metal support strap of the fridge.

Minooka, IL.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #5

Thanks Cheeca

The BHS addition is for the our dogs and a place for my wife to go when I snore (which I do not believe I do...LOL) just thought it would be easier her for her if we took it out and gave her a little more head room. I work a lot of weekends when we are camping and think this will make a nice little office space

2004 Suzuki Volusia
Old 04-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
Site Team

We love our lacrosse! Congrats on the new toy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forest River Forums mobile app

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #7

Today is the day, have to work half day then off the dealer to pick up the Lacrosse and drop of the Flagstaff - The flagstaff has been a great TT but really looking forward to the "upgraded" fit and finish of the Lacrosse

2004 Suzuki Volusia
Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #8

We just received our 318BHS about 3 months ago and used it about 4 times now. We love it. Only had a couple minor things to repair and can't wait until our next trip to the coast. Enjoy your new tt.
primetime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkeul View Post
..a place for my wife to go when I snore (which I do not believe I do...LOL)..
As a random aside, if you haven't already- get scheduled for a sleep test at a sleep center/hospital. Your snoring could be a sign of worse things- especially if it is bad enough to cause your spouse to lose sleep.

Congrats on the camper, though!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #10

if you flip the outside fridge door it wont open all the way to get the shelves out.....i have not had any issue as of yet....i like it better that way . slap some child proof door straps to hold it closed and your good to go!. i put the hide a sofa from the living into the bunk and put swivel/rock recliners with ottomans in its place....much nicer. the sleep n play in my model was not the lane one tho...

and i snore too.....they told me to lose weight...lol....i was 5'6' and 232lbs at the time......and i was NOT fat.....i was 13% bodyfat and doing fitness modeling.....in anycase, being overweight for your frame type and height will cause breathing issues......im down to 205lb now and i only snore if i drink too many beers...LOL...and by too many i mean like more than 3! haha

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
if you flip the outside fridge door it wont open all the way to get the shelves out.....i have not had any issue as of yet....i like it better that way . slap some child proof door straps to hold it closed and your good to go!. i
I flipped mine and don't have that issue ... but I read that others did ... so before screwing it back down I made sure you can open the door all the way.
Minooka, IL.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #12

Mine goes to 90 degrees...but it hits something...90 aint enough to get shelf out....cant remember if its the strut or wall....either way I cant slide the big shelf out....but I never do so its a moot point.

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #13

Congratulations and best of luck. We just bought one ourselves. We're picking it up next Saturday. This will be our 4th trailer, all 5'vres before this one. Trading in our Cedar Creek. My wife wanted a bunkhouse for the grandkids and a new 5th wheel wasn't in our budget.
Been doing this for better than 30 yrs now. We know what our wants and needs are. This trailer seems to fit the bill. Just a couple minor issues, not any deal breakers.
One I have, where do you store your socks, T shirts and skives? There are no drawers in the M/bedroom, just two hang up closets. What is under the night stands? It seems like a waste of space, if there is nothing under them, maybe put drawers in there. One side might be the hatch for water connections though. I'll check that out next week, don't remember.
Again, congratulations and have a blast.
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #14

Put some shelves in the hang up closets for socks etc... cant hang anymore though. One night stand has water dock connections, the other is empty and is used as part of storage compartment.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #15

Thumbs down

Quote:
Put some shelves in the hang up closets for socks etc... cant hang anymore though. One night stand has water dock connections, the other is empty and is used as part of storage compartment.

Thanks. After I posted, I looked at a video on YT.I realized what was there, Duh. One of the video's, about the power awning said, when it's windy just push a button and roll it up. If it rains,roll it up. I can see windy,but rain? What's the sense of having an awning, to keep the sun off ya?
Thought of a few other things, but I'll wait for the walk through. I have a lot of questions.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #16

If its just rain, no wind, I leave it out n tilt one side down for runoff.....and now with my awning pole mod only the big winds worry me....

Old 05-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #17

Quote:
If its just rain, no wind, I leave it out n tilt one side down for runoff.....and now with my awning pole mod only the big winds worry me....

I never had a power awning. I thought that you could tilt them, somehow. The old style, just tighten the tension, put some deflappers on and your good to go. I always put a good tilt on it, when we leave or go to bed.
Thanks, Bob
Old 05-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #18

the auto awning will dump on its own (unless you have the awning pole mod)....but its a rather loud and sudden production and im sure its not good to let all the water pool before it dumps....any way, i HIGHLY recommend the awning poll mode (i used coots brackets and made my own poles, but a lot of people use painters poles). then you only have to worry about the strongest of winds and not at all about rain alone......well....and tripping over the tie down in the middle of the night if ya arent careful....hahha

Old 05-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #19

We picked up our new trailer Friday. Walk thru went well. I checked the awning, I see what you mean about tilting to one side. Hook up went well, a lot more difficult than hooking up my 5th wheel. It seems I bought the wrong bars for the Sway Pro. I bought 1500. They said that they might not work right, because the trailer not that heavy. 1000lb bars would be better.??? I thought heavier would be better, like a 5th wheel hitch.
We came up the Parkway, in Jersey. It was pretty windy, about 35 to 40 mph. The trailer swayed quite a bit, but made it home fine.
We took it up to our campsite Saturday and to my surprise, it went right into the spot with no problem. I have a deck and a wall on the other side. Hooked everything up, beautiful.We had a great weekend and really like the trailer. The eight people were all comfy in their own beds.
Now for the problems. The dinette table broke, when my nephew got up in the morning. It looks to me the table isn't long enough. It broke right by the rails, on the seats. They could have made the table 3/4 of an inch longer, it would have more surface on the rails. The key got stuck in the door while locking it up to go home. It wouldn't turn or come back out. I took it apart and still couldn't get it out.
I called the dealer on Monday. They said bring the trailer back down to them. I said send me a new door latch and table and I will send you the old ones. It doesn't make sense to me to travel a total time of 8 hr when I can fix it myself. It takes me an hour to get the campground then 3 hrs to get to lakewood, NJ then 4 hours back.
I'm thinking of making my own table. I don't know about the door latch. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix? A new latch is 60 bucks.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #20

the latch sounds like one of the recalls that had issues?? but surly they arent still using those...tho i would put nothing past a manufacturer.......

my bars are the husky rated 800-1200...they work fine and are dang near maxed out...i have all 7 washers on for pitch and am running with only 3 dangeling links....what is the min/max rating for your bars?? im sure the 1500s would be ok especially if you are loaded up.....and honestly a 1000lb bar would be near its end if you are loaded to max weight and have just 10 percent tongue.....

as for the table, i had the early model that had a metal base that lowered....i changed mine to the post type, but ive used it with the shorter 15" legs from CW and it works perfect as a bed.....if your gonna fix it i would suggest using the shorter poles they held my 200+ sitting right on them just fine.....ive never liked the strip on the seating idea.....the seat just isnt thick enough...

as for the latch if all else fails and you want out cheap you can replace just the cylinder portion..even have them keyed the same too.....

Tags
318bhs, lacrosse