Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
FoxMan

Extremely Disappointed

We purchased a Crusader 330MKS in March of 2013 and have had nothing but problems and now 17 months later still awaiting another attempt to repair our recliners.
1. The first time I went to hook up after bringing the rig home the landing gear motor died. Contacted Forest River and they had Lippert (who makes the frames) send a new motor, which I replaced.
2. Next the sound bar majicaly powers on at any hour. Once again contacted F.R. and found they had no replacement. Accepted a $200.00 cssh replacement and purchased another brand.
3. Went to use the air mattress and it had a leak, so bad that it was flat in an hour. Again contacted F.R. and they once again had no replacements. Again Cash reimbursement and purchased a new one from Amazon.
The above were not very upsetting just annoying problems. NOW HERE WE GO!!!!!
4.Second time out and the recliners fail to remain reclined. Once again contacted F.R. and they said take it to the dealer. Well now called the local dealer in our new location and there first question was "Did you purchase it here?" my response was no. He then said they could not see the coach for seven weeks, temperature is going up.
Now I contact a local F.R. (Cedar Creek) dealer and they say bring the coach up next week to look at. After the look at the dealer informs F.R. with pics of the problem.
Now back and forth to the dealer taking pics, phone calls, videos, and many hours and mileage wasted.
TWO repairs attempted. Next attempt to F.R replace the recliners and after back and forth again they finally agree.
NEW recliners are installed and one arm the release is below the cushion, back to F.R.
NOW 17 MONTHS LATER AND WE ARE STILL AWAITING THE PROPER REPAIR OF THE CHAIRS.
F.R.said they would replace the recliners with the new Lane models if I were to drive to the Indiana plant (10+ hours drive with no stops, each way). But they would only replace the recliners, which are a different color than the original furniture. If I wanted my furniture to match I would have to order a new sofa at $1400.00 and pay the local dealer to install.
At this point I wish I could afford to dump this thing but as another thread we're not made of money.
I am now going to contact the States Attorney General to see what action I can take against F.R.
I can't believe a company can be so complacent with their customer satisfaction.
altfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello,

Seems the problem reside with the FR supplied recliners. Have you tried to contact the manufacturer of the recliners? Maybe FR can help you get resolution with them.

B
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
FoxMan

I have been in contact with F.R. since the first problem and they keep going to the manufacturer who can not get it right.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
sji

We had the same problem with our recliners. They replaced the recliners after the first of the year and they were a noticeably different color. Prime Time replaced our sofa so they would match. We were still in our warranty period though. We had other issues that had to get resolved as well, but a lot of the frustration was dealer related. Since that time we have had minor things that my husband has fixed, so much less hassles, like replacing trim that doesn't want to stay on. Our rear curtain valance was laying on our sofa as well when we got home from one trip. It had been secured with only 2 small screws. Since then he has gone around and put multiple screws to secure things. We had a bad taste in our mouths regarding prime time for a while. Since all are resolved we are enjoying our coach. Friends have a Montana and have some of the same issues, their sofa was noticeably crooked (leaned downhill) and needed to be replaced and last trip out their valance had fallen as well. Keep documenting and make calls every day to your contact....they need to know you won't go away til it is resolved. We went to trailer show our dealer was at and spoke to factory rep, that helped get the ball rolling again.
sji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
FoxMan

Thanks for the information. Our coach was under warranty when this all started. In fact it was only two months into the warranty and now we are about to pass 17 months since the first filing of the issue.
We will try once more with F.R. and then I'm going to the states attorney general to see what legal action I can take.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
FoxMan

We went to the Hershey show and spoke to a factory rep. He said he would take it back to a higher up in the management chain, we'll see if that buys us anything. I have called twice since then, this week I go to every day.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
sji

Make sure you document every phone call when you hang up. Write down everything that was said, who said it, date and time. We have book of our encounters.
sji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:14 AM   #8
FoxMan

Well I'm back and my wife and I have had it with Prime Time. After 19 months, many trips to the dealer, (hundreds of miles), and days of lost time. they finally agreed to replace the recliners with the new Lane models, but that is it. Our contact at Prime Time, Rick, said his management said, in reference to sji's response above, that they are not Forest River and therefore do not have to honor any president set by Forest River. So now we have two different color and style furniture in our coach. I sure would like Pete Liegl to know what is going on in one of his divisions. If I were president/CEO of that company and had so many complaints being registered I would be investigating and heads would roll, because at this point my wife and I want to put a banner on our coach that says "BUYER BEWARE PRIME TIME CUSTOMER SERVICE 0%. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS. As we travel our 3 month trip each year. I have found another site registering complaints that seem to be overwhelming. It is unfortunate because we like the floor plan of our coach and had we had a different experience we would be promoting Prime Time products. Most pl;aces we have traveled we have been the only Prime Time product there and we defiantly DO NOT recommend purchase. It seems management at Prime Time does not care about customer satisfaction and the future of the business. I did document every call and email even to the point of printing the 50 page email string off and taking it to a show and presenting it to the factory rep, but management ignored it. I would love to send it to Pete Liegl but you and I know it would see the circular file before he ever saw it.