Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Stupid Lucky

Fantastic fan in Crusador 325res

Has anyone installed a fantastic fan in their Crusador 325 and if so in the kitchen or bedroom vent? Not sure but I do not think the vents are prewired for a fans. Appreicate your response if you know. I am thinking kithchen vent with a remote might be best due to the height of the ceiling.
Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
Has anyone installed a fantastic fan in their Crusador 325 and if so in the kitchen or bedroom vent? Not sure but I do not think the vents are prewired for a fans. Appreicate your response if you know. I am thinking kithchen vent with a remote might be best due to the height of the ceiling.

I thought so as well, but I am not so sure.
The vent in the bathroom is wired for a fan, but a very small one.

The vent in the kitchen is not wired so I would have to "tap" into a light for power, not sure I want to do that.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

Dealer installed one in kitchen. They ran wire to bathroom fan power source. Said "no problem" as bath fan runs very little. 1st 10day trip we ran fan most all the time w/o issue. The dealer did have to drop a ceiling panel to fish the wire.
Puma243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #4
Stupid Lucky

Thanks for the quick replay, was the fan located in the kitchen effective in cooling the entire camper or only the kitchen and living area?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #5

Our rig is the 295RST and yes, the fan cooled the whole rig very well. We ran it at night and opened the BR overhead vent and BR window and it cooled well. During the day with the door open and the rear window open it worked great. The outside temps were about 80-85° so we were happy. Our fan is the rain sensor/remote and that unit has a automatic temp control that I didn't expect. During the day as the outside got hotter, the fan would automatically ramp up speed to maintain the interior temp. We resorted to the AC for a couple of hours one day when we had been away for a awhile and the interior temp was too hot.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma243 View Post
Our rig is the 295RST and yes, the fan cooled the whole rig very well. We ran it at night and opened the BR overhead vent and BR window and it cooled well. During the day with the door open and the rear window open it worked great. The outside temps were about 80-85° so we were happy. Our fan is the rain sensor/remote and that unit has a automatic temp control that I didn't expect. During the day as the outside got hotter, the fan would automatically ramp up speed to maintain the interior temp. We resorted to the AC for a couple of hours one day when we had been away for a awhile and the interior temp was too hot.
I have a 295RST and would like to try that I need to see how hard it is to drop that ceiling
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #7

Before dropping the ceiling, you might try opening the bottom of both vents and seeing if you can get a line to pass between them - use a long metal straight edge or perhaps a piece of PVC?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma243 View Post
Before dropping the ceiling, you might try opening the bottom of both vents and seeing if you can get a line to pass between them - use a long metal straight edge or perhaps a piece of PVC?
Thanks I will do that
Old 12-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
JDO

Smile Fantastic Fan install

I installed a fantastic fan in the kit. took about 45 min. you can fish a wire from the bath vent because the wire in the bath is heavy enough to carry the new fan.
JDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDO View Post
I installed a fantastic fan in the kit. took about 45 min. you can fish a wire from the bath vent because the wire in the bath is heavy enough to carry the new fan.
This is sounding easier each day. It will be one of my first projects when the season starts
Old 03-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #11
Stupid Lucky

Well I ended up taking advantage of Camping Worlds $39 installation for our Fantastic Fan. For that price I bought a couple of hours of enjoying our time camping instead of installing the fan. Yeah
Old 04-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #12

Hi all couple of questions from "Jack of all trades...master of none". I have a light right next to the vent in which I want to make this install (295RST) but it works on a switch. I read somewhere that if you tap in to the hot wire before the fixture the switch on off will not come into play? Is that true? It would be much easier than fishing to the bathroom which I think is on a switch also.
Second, I have heard that some RV's come prewired in case you want to install these fans (that would be too easy). I haven't been able to get up to the trailer to look yet thus my question. Getting excited for the season!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #13

I just ordered the Maxxair I will mount it in the living room.
IF there is no wire then I will fish to a light a few inches away and pull the bulb from that fixture.
There is a "master switch" by the entrance door to turn them all on but each light has a toggle to turn off or on which ever one we want.
A 1/4 X 14 inch wood dowel with two rubber tips to flick the toggles and a remote for the fan.

Tags
fan