Old 09-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #1

Fender Flare piece for Crusader 325res

Last week I had a tire separate and it knocked off a small piece of my fender flare. My fender flares are two piece, one big one that is attached to the slideout and another smaller piece that is attached to the 5ver main body in front of the slideout. The piece that got knocked off was the smaller piece. Anyone know where I can get a replacement piece other then directly from Prime Time?

Old 09-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Last week I had a tire separate and it knocked off a small piece of my fender flare. My fender flares are two piece, one big one that is attached to the slideout and another smaller piece that is attached to the 5ver main body in front of the slideout. The piece that got knocked off was the smaller piece. Anyone know where I can get a replacement piece other then directly from Prime Time?

That is a one piece fender flair. When they install it on the slide in the area just before the door, they just cut it and attach the small piece to to the lower skirt. If a new flair is under $50, you can order direct from Prime Time. If not, you'll have to go through a dealer or RV parts surplus house.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
That is a one piece fender flair. When they install it on the slide in the area just before the door, they just cut it and attach the small piece to to the lower skirt. If a new flair is under $50, you can order direct from Prime Time. If not, you'll have to go through a dealer or RV parts surplus house.
Yeah I found that out earlier today. The Flair is $69 plus shipping which will probably be about the same price as the flair, will know more tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:24 AM   #4

Fender Flare

A couple of years ago I was able to purchase the brown fender flare for my Crusader directly from Primetime. The cost was $45 and they charged me $60 shipping. They were able to sell it to me directly because the item cost was less than $50.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaderguy View Post
A couple of years ago I was able to purchase the brown fender flare for my Crusader directly from Primetime. The cost was $45 and they charged me $60 shipping. They were able to sell it to me directly because the item cost was less than $50.

There ya go.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:09 AM   #6

Quote:
There ya go.
Actually trying to go that route right now. But the person I talked to at PT said that it would probably be over the $50 threshold. My problem is they will only ship it to a FR dealer and then I would have to either have it shipped to me so I would have to pay a second shipping charge or pick it up. The closest PT dealer is 1.5 hours away but, they told me any dealer that sells FR is fine so I am waiting on them to get me the exact part number and I can order it from a place 10 miles from me.

On another note rracer5 didn't we have a conversation a while back about Love seats to replace the peeling recliners and sofa in my 5ver? If so I just wanted to thank you for your info. Ended up getting two Recpro Love seats and they are great. Sorry if I have you confused with someone else.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Actually trying to go that route right now. But the person I talked to at PT said that it would probably be over the $50 threshold. My problem is they will only ship it to a FR dealer and then I would have to either have it shipped to me so I would have to pay a second shipping charge or pick it up. The closest PT dealer is 1.5 hours away but, they told me any dealer that sells FR is fine so I am waiting on them to get me the exact part number and I can order it from a place 10 miles from me.

On another note rracer5 didn't we have a conversation a while back about Love seats to replace the peeling recliners and sofa in my 5ver? If so I just wanted to thank you for your info. Ended up getting two Recpro Love seats and they are great. Sorry if I have you confused with someone else.

Yup, we did. And I saw your post when you posted about going with Recpro. Is it working out well & comfortable?
Old 09-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #8

They worked out great. Only real problem was with the one where the sofa used to be the slide is not as deep as the the one on the other side. It wouldn't open at all if all 8 of the little feet where on the slide. If I slid it out to where only 6 feet were on the slide out and 2 were hanging past it opened to position one but was kinda shaky. So I made up 6 "L" brackets and bolted em to the frame and the used some 1" Lag Bolts into the slideout floor. Made 2 more for the other one too just to keep it from shifting when traveling. And your TV swing bracket idea worked great too.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:43 PM   #9

Just went through all of this with Prime Time for my 260RLD that blew a tire and damaged the J-Wrap between the tire and step. Was more than $50 so it had to be shipped to my trailer guy. took 6 weeks from first call till my guy received it by UPS to get it. So if your in a rush and want it done you better get a jump on it. Fortunately for me i already have a brand new fender flare that was shipped to me when I first bought the 5vr when the one that was on there was marked up. I was told it just has to be a certified repair shop that does FR repairs and it can be shipped.
Nights camped 2012 = 48, Nights camped 2013 = 46, Nights camped 2014 = 47, Nights camped 2015 = 49, Nights camped 2016 = 48, Nights camped 2017 = 51,
Nights camped 2018 = 50
donzie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #10
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Parts is Parts

You could try calling around to some RV “boneyards” to try getting that flair. There are a few here in the Phoenix area. You might have to cut it and paint it to match your rig. Most of those plastic fenders are the same across many of the other RV brands. Many of the larger RV places have them in stock. (I think I even saw some at Tractor Supply. Another place to try, is at a place that sells utility trailers. Worth a call. While some might not be exact, after you paint and install it, nobody would even notice a slight difference.

When Rick K. worked at P.T., he was able to give me the trim and paint codes. A call to P.T. should be able to give them to you.

Or, take a piece to any automotive paint store, they can match it for you. Most can put it into a spray can, or sell you a Preval Aerosol kit that you thin and spray it yourself.

On my rig, those small front bits were screwed with self tapping screws that were stripped out. Only the silicone glue was holding them on. I replaced them with like-sized bolts with locking nylon nuts with a washer on the backside.

As for the J-skirting, any sheet metal fabrication shop can make them for you. Take them a sample with dimensions, paint it yourself. Save yourself a ton of $
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #11

Fenders are available. At Icon. Look up “ICON” on the internet. They sell direct to the public and have better quality than OEM.
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #12

A few years ago I bought a fender skirt/flare from icondirect.com. It is a Canadian company. Although the company stocked skirts for many RVs, I needed a custom-built one. I was completely happy with the result and with the excellent service I received. Not a current testimonial, just info about my personal experience in 2011.
wilfb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #13

I just bought a barely used 2016 325RES that I pick up next week. Other than replacing the factory tires and installing tire pressure monitors, does anyone have any recommendations?
kpkenn4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #14

Just placed the order with local RV dealer $62.98 plus shipping.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkenn4242 View Post
I just bought a barely used 2016 325RES that I pick up next week. Other than replacing the factory tires and installing tire pressure monitors, does anyone have any recommendations?
Tires at a minimum load range F if you look at my profile for a thread I posted called "Nightmare Trip" you will understand. I actually ordered 5 Sailun 235/85 16r "G" rated tires yesterday after my trip. When you get your new tires make sure that you get "All Metal Valve Stems" I have had issues with the half rubber ones and the TPMS sensors causing the rubber on the valve stems to crack and causing slow leaks. The lenses on the interior LED ceiling lights have a tendency to fall off during travel so keep an eye on that I had two fall onto the tops of the slides and get crushed when I ran the slides out. Other then the cheap bonded leather (which all manufacturer's use) peeling have been happy with mine for 4.5 years.

Tags
crusader