Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #1

Talking Finally, New LaCrosse 303 RKS

It’s not just a myth!!! They really do exist!!!

We started this deal in late July, but the dealer had to order one. After a few miscues along the way the dealer finally got the trailer in! I got the chance to check it out yesterday afternoon, we then confirmed all the numbers, got the loan approved and will sign papers and do the PDI this Saturday at 11 am. I’ll try and remember to take the camera along and take some pics. I’ll post ‘em the first chance I get.

I feel the dealer, Leisure Time RV in OKC, has dealt with me fairly, honestly and has done a good job overall even when you consider it has taken a while to get the trailer. I had my current trailer serviced by them and they did OK. They will check all systems, electric, gas & water, clean the unit inside and out, then spend 2 to 2½ hours with us on the PDI.

The trailer is a 2011 LaCrosse 303 RKS Touring Edition by Prime Time. FR’s new division.
Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

Options include;
Advantage Package (mandatory)
Power Plus Package (mandatory)
Touring Edition Package (free upgrade deal)
Standing Table & Chairs (no charge & with the max super slide there‘s plenty of room to pull the chairs out from the table)
MSRP - $39,562 (includes free upgrade prices)
Selling Price - $26,900 (all fees included, no hidden cost)

The trailer is really nice. When I checked it out yesterday, about 30 minutes, everything looked good. I opened all cabinets and drawers, ran both slides in and out and did a walk around on the outside. I couldn’t find anything wrong. The carpet and fabric is much better than I have now. Love the way the High Gloss Fiberglass looks. Loaded with features, keyless entry with key pad (like your car), slam shut baggage doors, large 8 cubic foot refrigerator, outside swing away grill mount on rear bumper and beautiful E Stone Solid Surface counter tops. Jensen sound system and an Omni HD directional antennae, so I won’t have to worry about cranking it up and down or leaving it up when I leave the campground. There’s more, just too many to mention.

Our plans are to bring it home Saturday afternoon, start packing everything in and if the weather cooperates (long range forecast - highs in the low 70’s and lows in the low 50’s) we’ll have a 4 day camping trip starting Veterans Day. Probably be the only one for the remainder of this year, but it’s better than nothing.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #3

X2.....It's been a long time coming but after your bad experiences with your last trailer you must be happy to see the end of it. We really hope this works out so much better for you. Can't wait to see the pictures. Old Guys
Old 11-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #4

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm glad to see the "old" tt go. Me and that tt just didn't get along. Kind of getting excited about camping again.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #5

Congrats, We too are buying a PT. We pick up our Crusader 320RLT on Friday. Enjoy your new rig!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #6

Right back at ya, M109Rrider.

I walked through a few of the 5'ers. They looked nice.

One member on here has bought a Tracer, you will have the Crusader and I'll have the LaCrosse, so I guess we've got PT's current product line covered now.

P.S. Just looking at your username, you wouldn't happen to be an old gun bunny, would you?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #7

LOL! No, Actually I'm a young-er active duty squid. I'm a motorcycle nut and ride a Suzuki M109R
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	3781  
Old 11-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #8

Maybe now we can get our own Prime Time section in the forums
Old 11-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #9

OK. Nice looking bike.

Just kept looking at your username and that M109 stood out to me. Reminded me of my Army days. I "rode" an M109 a few miles from '73-'76.

Oh yeah, our own Prime Time section for all 3 of us!

I was impressed with PT's eternabond construction. The tt's do have alot of features and some you don't notmally see on tt's, but the construction materials and process is what really caught my eye.

Just wondering, what drew you to the PT Crusader?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #10

We've been shopping forever. Looked at just about every make and model out there. We had it narrowed down to a couple different Sandpipers but my local dealer talked me into waiting until the PT came in before we decided. I really liked the overall "feel" of the PT, It seems very well made and sturdy even more so than the Sandpiper. We looked at several Heartlands and there's no question that Heartland makes a highend rv with a highend price. We found the Primetime has many of the same features and qualities but with a mid range price.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
I really liked the overall "feel" of the PT, It seems very well made and sturdy....

I understand what you mean about the "feel". That's the first thing I noticed when I stepped into one and continued to notice each time afterwards. My wife and I checked out several brands on the dealers lot and except for the high dollar units, nothing really compared.

I also noticed how there was no movement when someone stepped onto the entry steps. I jumped up and down in one and there was very little "bounce" (easy guys, I'm talking about the trailer).

Good luck with your new 5'er and post some pics when you get it.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #12

Will do, I dropped the Keystone off at the dealer this morning. We did the trade sight unseen so they need to inspect it and make sure I'm not trading in a junk wagon. Hitch/wiring is installed, just waiting till Friday. We're pretty excited. Think we got a pretty good deal. I know I couldn't squeeze another penny out them. I barely talked them into giving me a lube plate for the hitch
Old 11-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
Think we got a pretty good deal. I know I couldn't squeeze another penny out them.

Same thing here.

I usually keep my finaces private like most people, but I purposely posted my figures for others to see. I like to see what others actually pay just to get an idea. I'm sure others have gotten better deals and some not so great. I'm guessing I'm somewhere down the middle.

I will have to ask for whatever "freebies" I can get when I go pick it up saturday. Just can't help myself.

I checked out the floorplan of the 5'er your getting. That's nice 5'er and pretty good size too. Look forward to seeing your pics.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes 50 View Post
It’s not just a myth!!! They really do exist!!!

We started this deal in late July, but the dealer had to order one. After a few miscues along the way the dealer finally got the trailer in! I got the chance to check it out yesterday afternoon, we then confirmed all the numbers, got the loan approved and will sign papers and do the PDI this Saturday at 11 am. I’ll try and remember to take the camera along and take some pics. I’ll post ‘em the first chance I get.

I feel the dealer, Leisure Time RV in OKC, has dealt with me fairly, honestly and has done a good job overall even when you consider it has taken a while to get the trailer. I had my current trailer serviced by them and they did OK. They will check all systems, electric, gas & water, clean the unit inside and out, then spend 2 to 2½ hours with us on the PDI.

The trailer is a 2011 LaCrosse 303 RKS Touring Edition by Prime Time. FR’s new division.
Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

Options include;
Advantage Package (mandatory)
Power Plus Package (mandatory)
Touring Edition Package (free upgrade deal)
Standing Table & Chairs (no charge & with the max super slide there‘s plenty of room to pull the chairs out from the table)
MSRP - $39,562 (includes free upgrade prices)
Selling Price - $26,900 (all fees included, no hidden cost)

The trailer is really nice. When I checked it out yesterday, about 30 minutes, everything looked good. I opened all cabinets and drawers, ran both slides in and out and did a walk around on the outside. I couldn’t find anything wrong. The carpet and fabric is much better than I have now. Love the way the High Gloss Fiberglass looks. Loaded with features, keyless entry with key pad (like your car), slam shut baggage doors, large 8 cubic foot refrigerator, outside swing away grill mount on rear bumper and beautiful E Stone Solid Surface counter tops. Jensen sound system and an Omnia HD directional antennae, so I won’t have to worry about cranking it up and down or leaving it up when I leave the campground. There’s more, just too many to mention.

Our plans are to bring it home Saturday afternoon, start packing everything in and if the weather cooperates (long range forecast - highs in the low 70’s and lows in the low 50’s) we’ll have a 4 day camping trip starting Veterans Day. Probably be the only one for the remainder of this year, but it’s better than nothing.
Gary, congratulations I hope things work out with this new model, you have been through enough with the 8315 as I have with my 8314.
I was offered $15,000 bucks for mine as a trade in on a Windjammer.
Now, that have the cabin I do not even get into the camper it's just setting in the driveway.
Can't wait to see some pic.....Just a reminder....DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA,
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #15

Hey Wade,

Yeah, usually I hate to see one go, kind of like losing a friend you've shared good memories with. I have memories with this one, all wet!

I didn't get top dollar on my trade, but close enough where I could pay the negative equity off. I had a couple of other dealers not knowing my tt's history offer $18.5. Leisure Time gave me $17.7.

I did explain everything about the trailer to them. I like to treat people the same way I want to be treated, open and honestly. I did think about not saying anything, or selling it myself and not say anything, just ain't got it in me to do that.

I'll do my best to remember the camera. If I don't, it'll be here at the house when I get back!

Oh yeah, mine has just been sitting in the driveway as well!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #16
Infractee

Congrats on the new camper!!!
Glad it worked out for ya, you deserved a break after all the crap you have had to deal with. Good luck, cant wait to see the pics!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Congrats on the new camper!!!
Glad it worked out for ya, you deserved a break after all the crap you have had to deal with. Good luck, cant wait to see the pics!
Thanks

I'm starting to get excited. Tomorrow I'll pull the Maxx Air vent covers off and get the tt ready to go. Already have it emptied out.

How's that F-250 doing?