Old 12-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAARubicon View Post
#1 - there was standing water in the "in floor" storage bin in the rear bunkhouse. We opened it up to discover a moldy mess with about 2" of standing water.

#2 - While connected to the city water source, our fresh water tank is filling up. My guess here is that water is back flowing thru the water pump into the fresh tank. I think this is an easy fix. I cycled the pump a few times but it is still leaking in.

#3 - It is cold where we are camping, down into the lower 20's high teens at night. There is excessive sweating in the corners which would indicate poor sealing in the corners allowing cold to infiltrate in. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#4 - The gas lines connecting the tanks to the trailer leak like a sieve. I soaped them up and every crimp connection leaks. Has anyone experienced this?
1) Sorry, other than what was mentioned, I can't help. Water tends to seek the path of least resistance and may be coming from an unusual source.

2) Your water pump internal check valve is leaking. This can happen for several reasons (used only compressed air to winterize, dirt in water, just plain stuck valve). Only repair is to replace the pump head or the pump. There are several threads on the subject.

SHURFLO Check Valve Kit at West Marine

3) This has been covered pretty much

4) Sounds like your pigtails need to be replaced.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #12

Just an update. We had rain that allowed me to monitor this leak that is putting water in my in floor storage bin in the rear bunk house of my 318BHS.

It was not a large rain, but it was enough to put water in the bin. The camper is sitting level, not plugged in with the slides closed. The slides were closed prior to the rain, so those crazy slide toppers are not needed to prevent this issue.

I felt the carpet all around the area from the top, it was dry. I felt the back wall, it was dry.

As I felt under the wood trim that is inside the bin around the top edge, the side running parrallel to the back wall was soaked. You can feel the carpet edge. So I guess the wood trim is used to secure the carpet the is rolled over the edge.

I think the water is inside the panel and is getting in around the window. The reason I think this is that the large door that covers the outdoor kitchen fills with water on mine as well, so it is possible that water migrates inside the laminated panels.

I really dont like this leak at all and would like some insight from prime time if they are still active on this board. It is scheduled to go to the dealer on the 19th and I am afraid this is going to be a very expensive "out of warranty" repair.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #13
Site Team - Lou

A thought. Check all your windows around where you are seeing water.

Mine have a pressed in (punched hole) "drain" that is supposed to drain rain water to the outside wall. In one of my rear windows the two "holes" was VERY small (not completely punched through) and dirt had blocked them. This allowed water to fill the track and wick back inside. The wall under the window was not wet, but the carpet under it was. That was because the water was going down the inside between the inner part of the window mount and the window assembly.

I drilled the holes larger and the problem went away.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #14

Now were talking. I am checking that ASAP.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #15

Well, we were finally able to get it to the dealer and the water getting in the floor bin is from the outdoor kitchen door filling with water and leaking to the inside. I believe I have read on a number of posts about the issue of water getting inside this particular door from the top.

If anyone else has had this problem please respond.

I want to make sure the repair that the dealer is suggesting is the proper fix or if prime time has issued a known good repair.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #16

I have a 2012 318BHS. We don't have a floor bin in that year model, but I did notice some damp carpet in the very back in the same general area you are describing.

I suspect it is somehow getting in via the outside kitchen and caulked everywhere that I could think of. Unfortunately, I had to cover it over for Winter and haven't had a chance to see if I was successful.

Did you ever solve the mystery of where the water was coming in from?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #17

Mine is also a 2012, it is strange that you do not have the in floor storage, I thought that was standard.

The dealer is telling me it is coming from the outdoor kitchen door, I am going there tomorrow to see it in person and have them show me the evidence.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post

You can place a small hole In the interior wall and fill the area where the sweating is occurring and spray some of that foam insulation in between the inner and outer wall. It is very light and seals up and insulates everything. Lowes or home depot sell it cheap.. good luck
You probably already know this, but while expanding foam is good for insulating crevices, be very careful with it. That stuff expands and too much can buckle your inner or outer wall.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #19

please post some pics where it is entering the kitchen door
Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #20

Here is where it is getting in. The rusty latch plate occurred over time but has really gotten bad over the last 6 months. I have noticed on the newer units that prime time is no longer using the slam latch on this particular door.

Its funny how things seem ok until they start looking really bad. I knew that water was gathering in that area but I could see any evidence it was getting in until we opened the floor bin after being stored 6 months.

At that point this is what we found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140117_124144.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	45075

Name:	20140117_124226_1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	45076