Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #21

My wife and I installed a set of Firestone air bags with a wireless remote on my 2011 F250. It was a real easy do-it-yourself job, no need to pay someone else to do the installation. I mounted the compressor in the under the rear seat storage compartment, Ford put a 12 volt plug under there. Great! no need for running additional power wires.
The wireless remote is really helpful with the hooking up and unhooking the trailer, just air up or down, works great!
jamesroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
I did the same Viair setup except I did not want to run air tubing all the way up to my dash and back, so I used some electric over air solenoid valves and SPDT switch and a 12V oil presure gauge (still looking for a cool digital gauge to integrate in my dash.)

Here is the album:
Forest River Forums - Lynkage's Album: Airbag Install

Very nice install!!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #23

I installed the Firestone Ride-Rite bags on my 250. With a heavy tongue weight you can definitely tell the difference when riding over uneven pavement. I find they help eliminate chucking also as they give you back some suspension movement.

I actually found my set on Ebay for $188 bucks shipped so couldn't pass them up. Didn't think I needed them but for that price why not? Installed myself in no time. Placed each air chuck in the wheel well where they're easy to access. I thought about the in-cab switch but I think I'm going to install a compressor and tank with a air line running into the bed of my truck toolbox where I can keep an air hose and fittings. This way I can use it for other items like inflatables for the kids or airing up the trailer tires.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #24

I put this under the right side of my truck so I could do the same.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote