Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #1

First 7 Night Trip

We camped at lake Oconee for 7 nights in conjunction with the 4th of July. I must say we had a great time! We bent another snap up bracket when we pulled out of our driveway. I have determined the hitch ball height will have to be increased to acomodate our driveway grade and required departure angle. We adapted to the issue and will install the WD bars after we clear our driveway in the future. The moral of the story is learn and adapt to ensure safe and joyous trips in the future! Experience is the best teacher! We are still learning and making adjustments, but we are getting closer to our goals. I call it,"maintaining a rigid flexibility!" Pictures will follow when I return from TDY.
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
jjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #2

Great attitude. Knowing things aren't always going to go perfect and being able to adapt is the secrect to having a good time.
Look forward to seeing your pics.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #3

My wife and I have been weekend RVing for 4.5 years. We still usually forget one thing and mess things up. All part of the fun. If we forget something it just gives me a chance to go into town and check things out. We have forgotten pillows, dog leashes, towels. Good times, Good times.
skgeorgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #4

Wish we could get away for 7 nights. Hopefully next summer. Learned about driveway angles ourselves over the 4th. Pulled into a gas station with a large dip in the entrance. Almost ripped the spare tire off the back bumper. Didn't even realize it 'till I did a walk around while the the tank was filling. Lesson learned.
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrard View Post
I call it,"maintaining a rigid flexibility!"
I like that. Gotta remember it. Thanks.