Old 10-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #11
Originally Posted by goofey chuck View Post
We are looking at one now... my wife is concerned with the lower ceilings,,, and the small awning
The awning is about 12' which is plenty for two people and chairs. However if you're someone who builds a patio and outdoor kitchen under yours you may not like it. As for me, I find it to be plenty big enough.

I hadn't heard about this unit having low ceilings. I moved from a Keystone Springdale and haven't / can't really tell any difference. Looks pretty standard to me. I'm just over 6' (6'2" w/ shoes) and I haven't hit my head on anything other than the light over the table.

Second trip update:

I did end up buying a traditional futon mattress (known as a Shiki Futon.) The loft bunk is very comfortable and restful now. The bunk room is a hit for kids and people looking for a little privacy in the morning or late night alike.

I'm staring to solve my issues with having less outdoor storage than I was accustomed to. The tons of kitchen and bedroom storage I consider to be a nice trade off.

It tows like a dream. Even with my poor half ton. (Though this is a very subjective thing. Someone who likes to step on the gas and have the truck behave like there's no load on it wouldn't think so. Nor would those who live in mountains or other very hilly terrain.) The length, I'm still getting used to. I'm hugging the double yellow even more than I used to when on those back country roads.

The ladder makes getting on top to sweep those leaves off the slides a snap. But I will say I'm starting to miss my slide toppers. But I supposed that's rectifiable.

The table is still the only real lagging complaint.

2008 F150 FX4 5.4L & 3.73s
2014 PTM Tracer 3200BHT
Yes...I've finally made it to Prime Time!
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #12
Originally Posted by bagged123 View Post
I have the model and we found that the smaller awning really wasn't a problem. It rained one weekend and we all (5)sat nude it and had no issues and stayed dry as well. As for the low ceilings, I'm not that tall to be worried about them. I'm under 6'
Lmao. Sat nude!!!!!!???? Are there nudist colony campgrounds out there!?

NHFire 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
Originally Posted by NHFire 152 View Post
Lmao. Sat nude!!!!!!???? Are there nudist colony campgrounds out there!?
Damn phone and auto correct . Though there are nudist campgrounds down in Florida

2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 GMC Crew Cab Duramax All Terrain
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote