Old 03-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
2014 327 Lacrosse

First real test of dealer

Took our first long trip and have some issues that need attention. Will take it into the dealer Crestview in Georgetown Tx, tomorrow for some water in places that should not have water, and a bedroom slide that quit working shortly after we left home. There are several other things that need checked into as well. I sure hope we are one of the good repair stories- have heard some not so good ones. Crestview and Primetime, this is your time to step up in a timely manner and stand behind your product.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

A fuse may be the only issue with your slide.
The very day we picked up our unit the main slide fuse blew as we set up at a cg.
I replaced all the slide fuses the next day with auto resetting circuit breakers in place of the fuses.

TURBS

Think spring!
The last man standing also has a sharpie
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
2014 327 Lacrosse

We could hear the slide try to engage, but each time it was like it bound up on one side. We took everything out completely and checked for obstructions- there were none, yet it continued to move more on one side than the other, which of course meant it did not go far. Took it in today and the tech we were promised for todays appointment was not there, so another tech looked at it and did not know where the motor to the slide was. Houston, do we have a problem?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipers Family View Post
We could hear the slide try to engage, but each time it was like it bound up on one side. We took everything out completely and checked for obstructions- there were none, yet it continued to move more on one side than the other, which of course meant it did not go far. Took it in today and the tech we were promised for todays appointment was not there, so another tech looked at it and did not know where the motor to the slide was. Houston, do we have a problem?

This sounds like one of the two motors is binding and not able to keep up with the other one.

There are 2 motors, one on each side of the slide in the wall behind the inner seal.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #5

Quote:

This sounds like one of the two motors is binding and not able to keep up with the other one.

There are 2 motors on each side of the slide in the wall behind the inner seal.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #6
2014 327 Lacrosse

I think you nailed it. After watching this video and some others that came up with this one on youtube- perhaps we could have done this ourselves. Well possibly. We have all these original and extended warranties, but if you have no confidence in the people repairing your trailer, then what do you have really besides empty pockets? Thanks for your help.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Hey, least he didn't try anyhow and botch it. My old TT, I noted that the slide settled in and got out of adjustment. They put the wrong guy on the case, he actually made it far worse, to the point it tore the weatherstrip. So they got to fix that too.

Hope it's quick and easy!

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
2014 327 Lacrosse

Dealers second day with our trailer they still have not taken the chance to impress us. They told us that getting the small motor that fits into the side of the slide could take 4 weeks??? Checked online and Lippert has it in stock right now. We were told that they only made them "as needed". What kind of game is this. The longer the dealer has a trailer that is under original warranty- the more they can charge Prime Time for repairs that should take an hour or two at the most ??? Sure hope day 3 is better- we have emailed Prime Time and related our needs, so hopefully they have an "IN" with dealer and can expedite repairs. We have reservations in two weeks. Does anyone carry a spare motor for these slideouts? We were over 1000 miles from home when ours quit working. I have heard such good things about Prime Time stepping up and doing the right thing- sadly we still have to deal with local dealers- some who could step up their ethics.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #9
Site Team

If it was me, I call all prime time and ask for Shane Imus.
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #10
2014 327 Lacrosse

Thanks for the name- that may be our next move if our email is not answered in a timely manner.

Tags
dealer