Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #21

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
BellaGrace........I don't believe they can just rush a camper off the line. There is too much scheduling that goes into production of the different lines(models) of campers. I'm thinking that your RV dealer did a trade with another dealer in the area. Your dealer sent them a camper from there lot and they in-turn received your Crusader 320RTL. So no it wasn't rushed threw production. My only thought on the matter is PT is expanding and they may have allot of new employee's ....New employee's equal some human error mistakes. Just a thought...dont know! Hopefully they make everything right for you!! I do agree with the brand new repaired camper....no one should have to go through that ! But we all do! NOTE : Just so you know our 2011 Windjammer is heading back to the factory for a complete rebuild. New walls,slides basically everything. One of the outer walls cracked from the camper flexing on the frame I believe. FV told us it was a design problem. So we are getting a repaired new camper. Don't get me wrong they (FR)were very sorry it happened and are working with me to get the repair done at our convenience. its just sad because we have had no problems at all with the camper up to this point! Not even any little problems! ---- but now one BIG problem. Wife was crying for a week!

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #22

I am sorry to hear about your issues but glad to hear they are fixing. I would think that a new replacement camper should be in line for you considering how new it is. Hopefully it get resolved quickly.

Good news on my end, we take our camper to the dealer tonight to go over my list of 12 items (about half cosmetic). I also sent the list to Prime Time and they are going to contact my dealer today, and not wait for the dealer to contact them. They are going to expedite any parts needed to fix everything. So far so good.

As far as my easily scratched countertops (I feel like a complainer compaired to your cracked wall) does anyone know if i can buff them out like you would a car? I can't see them resolving a easily scratched top, even though they said they would replace it if needed. Unless they have a totally different product they can put in, it will just scratch again. I don't have a problem buffing the surface scratches out at the end of each year to keep it for looking real bad 5 years down the road.

Scratched counter top vs. cracked walls. I need to not sweat the little stuff.
BellaGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #23

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ops-14859.html
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaGrace View Post
We are currently on it first trip with our crusader 320rlt and I have to say I am really disappointed. The air mattress is slowly leaking, it's bearable since it is slow but you sink in the middle by morning. The counter tops scratch EXTREMELY easy.I was stirring eggs in a plastic bowl and there are several circular scratches, plus the edge between the tv top and kitchen counter top looks like someone took a knife and cut the edge off. The dvd does not work at all or stops working a couple minutes into into the movie. And the carpeting on the largest slide keeps fraying because it was just cut off and not sewn so it would not fray.I do love the layout and was so excited to get it and take our first trip but now I am afraid I made a mistake. I hate to say it but I think I want my mountaineer back.
Although these things do happen during production and once in awhile get past the QC check, the dealer should have caught some if not all of them during their prep and setup for your PDI!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #25

BellaGrace, sounds like were having some of the same problems with ours also. its at the shop now for the fourth time and we got ours in April. We just noticed our awning doing the same thing, along with SEVERAL other things <;-( Hope this gets better ????
Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic44 View Post
BellaGrace, sounds like were having some of the same problems with ours also. its at the shop now for the fourth time and we got ours in April. We just noticed our awning doing the same thing, along with SEVERAL other things <;-( Hope this gets better ????

I have confidence that it will. A few of my issues were the result of ignorance and learning the workings of a new camper (a/c fan running constantly, retract vs. extend ). I blew a fuse on the front jacks the second leg of our trip and was concerned that there was a problem with the jacks. Our dealer told us there was a safty "feature" on the jacks that if you tried to put them up or down too far it would blow the fuse instead of ruining the motor. When putting them down i hit retract instead of extend, oops!! So i put my dictionary in the camper
BellaGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #27

We love our 260. Yes the countertops can be a pain but my solution was to go to the fabric store and purchase the clear plastic (which in near the foam pieces and warm window fabrics) and cut it to fit the countertop. It comes in varying thicknesses and I got a medium thickness and it has worked great. It cleans up well and you can still enjoy the look of the countertop. We had no issues with carpet or air mattrress. Hope everything gets worked out. When we have had to contact PT cust service they have been amazing to work with!
Tkcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #28

Welcome to the life of Prime Time Crusader 320RLT, but PT Customer Service is second to none no matter how many problems you have and how many trips to the dealer....
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #29

I purchased a 290RLT at a show last January. Here are some of the problems I’m still dealing with. The large dining room slide still doesn’t work and it’s been to the dealer numerous times (there right now week 3) for that. First it was a control board, then the motor, now the control board again. The only slide that will go out all the way without tripping the circuit breaker is the small bedroom slide. They blamed that on low battery voltage so I switched to dual 6V golf cart Batteries ($300+). It still trips the breaker with those batteries while being plugged in to 120V AC. The counter tops did scratch easy and on the sink edge it’s chipped. A spring came off the little door that opens on the DVD player on the first trip, told the dealer about it, they said that, “that wasn’t covered under warranty”. No big deal, now the DVD player won’t play any DVD’s at all, the dealer hasn’t had time to look at that (had it for 3 weeks). Both the Kitchen and bathroom faucets leaked all over the counter tops the first time we used them. They did repair that so they don’t leak anymore. Other than that, it’s been a good camper. The concern I have is as of this date the slide isn’t fixed. We only have one more trip planned (canceled a few this year because the camper was in the shop), what happens next year when we go camping in May and the slide doesn’t work (again) and the one year warranty has expired?

2011 Crusader 290RLT
2010 GMC 2500HD 6.0
Nights camped in '11 - 35
62car9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #30

Yikes! Makes me glad we bought a Flagstaff, as we have only had very minor issues that I fixed myself in a few minutes. And Flagstaff's warranty department is every bit as good as PT's.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Yikes! Makes me glad we bought a Flagstaff, as we have only had very minor issues that I fixed myself in a few minutes. And Flagstaff's warranty department is every bit as good as PT's.

Ditto
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #32
Commercial Member

62car9 - Quote: "The concern I have is as of this date the slide isn’t fixed. We only have one more trip planned (canceled a few this year because the camper was in the shop), what happens next year when we go camping in May and the slide doesn’t work (again) and the one year warranty has expired?"

It's our general practice to stand behind the product beyond the warranty period for situations that occur during warranty yet remain unresolved as your warranty expires. I apologize that we and your dealer have not resolved your issues. If you feel we can be of additional assistance in the process, contact us at:

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 AM   #33
Commercial Member

BTW - what gives with the Flagstaff owners who keep posting on the Prime Time section?

Look FLAGSTAFF MAKES AN AWESOME TRAILER - WE ALL GET IT. Heck, I work at Forest River as a competitor to Flagstaff and admire everything those guys do - great quality, great service, awesome people - they are industry leaders.

But, it seems like you'd have better things to do than troll the PT section looking for opportunities to add the wise cracks, stirring up BS, and implying at every opportunity that yours is better.

Ironically, on the Flagstaff section right now there are several threads with owners in need of advice from Forum users that you've convieniently ignored. Spend some time over there if you don't have something constructive for the PT section.

It's early and I haven't had my coffee yet, but at least for me, it's getting old . . .
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #34

Agreed RV Guy. It is getting old.
Those type of post are antagonistic in nature and so I’ve learned to just ignore them.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
BTW - what gives with the Flagstaff owners who keep posting on the Prime Time section?

Look FLAGSTAFF MAKES AN AWESOME TRAILER - WE ALL GET IT. Heck, I work at Forest River as a competitor to Flagstaff and admire everything those guys do - great quality, great service, awesome people - they are industry leaders.

But, it seems like you'd have better things to do than troll the PT section looking for opportunities to add the wise cracks, stirring up BS, and implying at every opportunity that yours is better.

Ironically, on the Flagstaff section right now there are several threads with owners in need of advice from Forum users that you've convieniently ignored. Spend some time over there if you don't have something constructive for the PT section.

It's early and I haven't had my coffee yet, but at least for me, it's getting old . . .
Boy,I guess at the (Frog) rally in Elkhart we will have (Cage Fighting)! Remember (Randy King) cant we all just get along? Do I have to post this on the (Flagstaff) site also? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #36

RV Guy, relax bud, we're just having some fun. It seems it is only the PT owners who are so sensitive about their campers that they can't take some ribbing. Everyone else takes it in stride. Maybe PT shouldn't have hyped their campers as being so superior?
Don't get me wrong, we looked at the Crusaders and really liked some things about them, but there are many things we didn't like as well. No camper is perfect.

By the way, I checked the Flagstaff section and there aren't any unanswered questions, so why did you say there was?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #37

Quote:
RV Guy, relax bud, we're just having some fun. It seems it is only the PT owners who are so sensitive about their campers that they can't take some ribbing. Everyone else takes it in stride. Maybe PT shouldn't have hyped their campers as being so superior?
Don't get me wrong, we looked at the Crusaders and really liked some things about them, but there are many things we didn't like as well. No camper is perfect.

By the way, I checked the Flagstaff section and there aren't any unanswered questions, so why did you say there was?
crocus, I don't mind a little ribbing, but when you post on a thread where a PT owner is looking for some help and all you state is how you're glad you didn't buy a PT trailer....... well you see what I'm getting at?
Have you posted something similar on a Surveyor, Puma or other FR product thread? We kind of feel singled out by your negative post.

I noticed that the Flagstaff/Rockwood's new Diamond Package, which seems to be really nice, includes some of the features that have been standard on the PT trailers from the start, so maybe there's some truth to all the hype. You have to admit that after RV Guy explained PT's construction that even though there's not much difference in materials, there is a difference in construction methods and testing. Time will tell how much of a difference, right?

Just want to add that I'm not posting this to start anything, just wanted you to take a peak at things from my side of it.
You've made your point of view very clear!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #38

grhodes, like I said before, there are things about the Crusaders that I really like. We looked at the 29-ft fifth at an RV show and loved the layout. And they are absolutely gorgeous as well. If that one had the large basement and open bedroom layout of our Flagstaff, we would have had a tough decision.
I just think that maybe PT raised the expectations so high that buyers expected a perfect camper, and are disappointed that they have the same problems as everyone else. There is no way that FR can build "a perfect camper" at this price point. They can always make improvements, as PT and the other divisions are doing, but they will never be perfect.
But overall, I think most of the complaints are pretty minor, as we could be talking about more delamination and frame failure issues. It seems we don't hear much about major failures anymore, and that is a very good indication.
Take care
Old 10-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #39

Quote:
grhodes, like I said before, there are things about the Crusaders that I really like. We looked at the 29-ft fifth at an RV show and loved the layout. And they are absolutely gorgeous as well. If that one had the large basement and open bedroom layout of our Flagstaff, we would have had a tough decision.
I just think that maybe PT raised the expectations so high that buyers expected a perfect camper, and are disappointed that they have the same problems as everyone else. There is no way that FR can build "a perfect camper" at this price point. They can always make improvements, as PT and the other divisions are doing, but they will never be perfect.
But overall, I think most of the complaints are pretty minor, as we could be talking about more delamination and frame failure issues. It seems we don't hear much about major failures anymore, and that is a very good indication.
Take care
Very good points and for once.......
....... I agree with you!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post

Disclaimer: I haven't had coffee yet either, but then again, I don't need an artificial stimulus.

I take offense to your comment about having better things to do rather than "troll the PT section". I haved "trolled" many forums prior to making a Camper purchase to learn about products, the good, the bad and the ugly. As Crocus stated, I too have considered the Crusader, and I did like what I saw, but the deal wasn't there. I have looked at the Durango , Cougar, Sabre and many more before I made a purchase. I read most threads that I see an interest in and I have seen "Flagstaff Threads" with posters like Ghrodes50, M109Rider and other PT owners injecting their biased comments. Most of the time, it is done with good natured ribbing and humour and not meant to be personal. Your comments , on the other hand are bordering on personal attacts. As a company rep, I would not expect this. It is great, however, that you identify yourself as such and open yourself to ridicule and praise too. You have to take the good with the bad. I expect the RV business is a competitive world and you work hard for market share, but as a consumer and an advocate for other consumers, I intend to continue to inform other "trollers" about my observations. As it relates to PT, I have observed, mostly through PT owners on this forum, that there is an apparent issue with quality control on one hand but a great response from customer service on the other hand. On a personal note, I would prefer that emphasis in the RV industry be placed on Quality Control rather than customer service. I would much rather have a quality built camper for good price rather than continually contacting customer service. This is probably the second largest amount of money ( next to my house) that I shelled out. It is important to me, at least and will never "get old" as you stated.

Note to Moderators: Please allow this healthy discussion to continue. It was very helpful in my decision making process to see what other consumers say.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote