Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #41

I think Forest River should only give access to the specific Forums to actual purchasers. They can allow anyone to post in the general forums which is where the chest thumping for the Flagstaffs should be. I go to the Prime Time Forum to share my knowledge and acquire knowledge about my Trailer, I don't have to know that someone purchased another make for their own particular reasons. Just not interested.
KAB449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #42

I just searched the last several HUNDRED posts of mine and can't find a single post doing what you say I do. Also, I think RV Guy hit the nail on the head:
Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #43

Perhaps the mods could add the "IGNORE" feature to our profiles. One click and you'll never have to read a post from that person again.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #44

[QUOTE=M109Rrider;140208]I just searched the last several HUNDRED posts of mine and can't find a single post doing what you say I do. Also, I think RV Guy hit the nail on the head:
Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia

I checked Websters and "wikipedia" is not even listed as a word. As for Webster's definition of troll

a: to fish for by trollingb: to fish by trolling in <troll lakes> c: to pull through the water in trolling <troll a lure> d: to search in or at <trolls flea markets for bargains>; also: prowl <troll nightclubs

I chose Websters definition when interpreting the comments made by RV Guy. I am in search in or at these forums seeking information. The rest of my comments are with respect to my observations. I see it as I read it. If I made comments that are not attributable to you, then I retract those comments. As for your suggestion of implementing an ignore button, I would also like to be able to ignore some of the crap posted here, however, I think it would be a slippery slope, and just a tool that would control and encourage totally subjective posting, thus eliminating the effectiveness of this forum. I think the main theme is that we are all campers, sharing many of the same celebrations and woes.We should accept everyones right to an opinion, even those that are different than our own. That being said, I will continue to post, and if I offend the corporate bullies, then I will accept the wrath of said offence.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
Perhaps the mods could add the "IGNORE" feature to our profiles. One click and you'll never have to read a post from that person again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
I would also like to be able to ignore some of the crap posted here

Jason & Rugged Brown, you already have that option. Go to "User CP", >"Your Control Panel", >"Settings and Option", >"Edit Ignore List".

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Jason & Rugged Brown, you already have that option. Go to "User CP", >"Your Control Panel", >"Settings and Option", >"Edit Ignore List".

There ya go..
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #47

As it relates to PT, I have observed, mostly through PT owners on this forum, that there is an apparent issue with quality control on one hand but a great response from customer service on the other hand. On a personal note, I would prefer that emphasis in the RV industry be placed on Quality Control rather than customer service. I would much rather have a quality built camper for good price rather than continually contacting customer service. This is probably the second largest amount of money ( next to my house) that I shelled out. It is important to me, at least and will never "get old" as you stated.

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is what I've been saying about my purchase with my hard earned money of my Crusader.
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #48

You win RB, I'm out. Hey, I hear the heartland and keystone guys really like the quality of their trailers to. Maybe I'm the luckiest primetime owner in the world and have only had minor issues, much like you have claimed to have. Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket. At any rate, state your opinion as you see fit. You won't receive anymore rebuttals from me. Happy camping!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #49

Nope, M109Rrider there are two of us. Just got back from the happiest place on earth,did roughly 1200 miles on her and as you probably know 95 has some pretty crappy spots in many places.This is our second trip and gonna do one more in Nov.And other than a piece of trim that has come lose we have had no issues.Now I did manage to crunch the grab handle in the single large slide,uh huh,no I won't say how! But this is our fourth trailer and first fiver. Could my sunny disposition change if things start to go south? (OH YEAH!!!) But hey that's what great customer service is there for.!!
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulone81
Yes agreed..but who wants to pull 10000+ lbs back and forth to a dealer for minor stuff like that? I sure hope I am making the right decision in my purchase
For what it's worth I looked for a long time at shows, huge wholesalers, and local dealers. If I had to do it again I'd buy the exact same unit I have now. Don't let the comments, experiences, and opinions of the few speak for the masses. If you want a camper that will never break and last forever buy an Airstream
Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulone81 View Post
Yes agreed..but who wants to pull 10000+ lbs back and forth to a dealer for minor stuff like that? I sure hope I am making the right decision in my purchase
Quote:
For what it's worth I looked for a long time at shows, huge wholesalers, and local dealers. If I had to do it again I'd buy the exact same unit I have now. Don't let the comments, experiences, and opinions of the few speak for the masses. If you want a camper that will never break and last forever buy an Airstream
gratefulone81, I agree with M109Rrider.
Any brand of RV seems to have "new camper bugs", especially in this price range. I believe you read many post about PT problems on this forum due to the fact that RV Guy (PT management) is a forum member and is here to help us. As owners we recognize this and take advatage. Otherwise, PT RV's are built as good or better than most and you can have the peace of mind that if/when those annoying problems do happen, PT is there to take care of them quickly and correctly.
Like M109Rrider said, after owning my tt a year now and I had it to do over again, I'd buy the exact same tt I have now.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #52

Thank you for this post. I have to tell you while it may not of been intentional these negative comments being posted about PT is doing exactly as intended...scarying the hell out of me! I have a deposit down on a 2012 320RLT Touring and was suppose to close on the deal today but my dealer (Scotts in Lakewood) called and said that we can't finalize yet because there is a problem with the bedroom slide..still in since arrival from Prime Time) The part they received they said was too small..in any event I was okay with this because nothing in this world is 100%...but this negative feed back and forth stuff is scaring me and I am trying to talk my husband into taking a ride to Atlantic City to the RV show there this weekend just to make sure we are making the right decision. I love the camper..after looking at 5 different fifth wheels I walked into this one and was ready to sign the bottom line (although I do have to say the furniture I am very disappointed in and will have to replace - but thats just my personal taste not the taste of everyone) I also have come from two very good manufacturers..a Thor Citation (last of the good union made trailers) and a Fleetwood Gearbox which by far was incredible...so I am not used to problems so I am going to think long and hard on this one now.
gratefulone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #53

Cool

Anyone who purchases a Flagstaff or any other manufacturer but spends time reading posts of a trailer they don't own says something don't ya think? Regrets possibly and seeing one or two negative items just makes them feel slightly better? Mr Flagstaff you actually temporarily made me rethink a purchase I am getting ready to make on a gorgeous 320RLT but I realize now after re-thinking there must be something very special about them that other trailer owners are so interested in them. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #54

I hope that they get your slide issue taken care of quickly so you can enjoy that new 5'er, and I do believe you will enjoy it. PT does use the same 3rd party vendors that other brands use, so you can have the same issues as others, but as I stated earlier I believe that PT makes just as good or better RV than any other brand in this price range.

My tt is solid! I've had a few issues, but either I or my dealer and PT has taken care of everything. I just performed my own PDI on the tt a couple of weeks ago when I winterized. I wanted to see if there was anything that needed fixed before my warranty ran out. I found absoultley nothing wrong.

On this forum you will read mostly about problems since that's one of the main reasons people join, to get help. There are many more that aren't having problems, so they don't post. This is true for all FR brands.

Good luck and happy camping.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
gratefulone81, I agree with M109Rrider.
Any brand of RV seems to have "new camper bugs", especially in this price range. I believe you read many post about PT problems on this forum due to the fact that RV Guy (PT management) is a forum member and is here to help us. As owners we recognize this and take advatage. Otherwise, PT RV's are built as good or better than most and you can have the peace of mind that if/when those annoying problems do happen, PT is there to take care of them quickly and correctly.
Like M109Rrider said, after owning my tt a year now and I had it to do over again, I'd buy the exact saame tt I have now.
Thank you grhodes50 and M109Rider...you are exactly right a few people on here manage to do to me exactly what they set out to do...discourage. Its a HUGE purchase and I am just making sure I am making the right one. I got discouraged also because the trailer arrived at the dealer without the bedroom slide working and I understand there are bugs to be worked out but now we are waiting for the repair before we sign the bottom line. Otherwise I am working on being positive and hopefully this is just a bug that needs to be worked out. Thanks for the positive feedback...just what I needed!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #56

I don't blame you for being discouraged.
All excited about a new camper and when it's time to pick it up, the slide doesn't work!

I will assume that it worked fine when tested at the factory and when your dealer did a PDI (dealers are required to do PDI on the PT trailers before making them available for sale). If it's going to fail, I would consider it good luck that it did it at your PDI and not later at a campground.

Your right in not signing the dotted line until everything is in good working order. This is the time you'll find out how good your dealer is. Hopefully they'll take care of the problem quickly.

If you need assistance, contact PT; Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
It doesn't matter if you haven't purchased the trailer yet. They will help you if you need them to.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #57

Gratefulone81: I will throw my two cents in here also one the side of PT. I have owned many RV's with the Crusader being the first fifth wheel. I had no more problems with this trailer then the others and like you are planning I have replaced furniture and did many modifications to make it my unique home away from home. There are tradeoffs and compromises with most things in life and this is no exception. Bottom line is PT makes a good unit and will stand behind it with excellent customer service.
KAB449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #58

Quote:
I agree, there are two people that post on here that own Flagstaff 8528's that are very negative. Maybe they should stay off the PT Threads and stay on the Flagstaff Threads......I would definitely use this feature for them. This should be a positive place to learn, share and support not criticize, ridicule and insult people.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #59

This thread has been cold for a while....as tempting as it is lets not try to re-kindle it
Old 11-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #60

Quote:
This thread has been cold for a while....as tempting as it is lets not try to re-kindle it
Not trying to re-kindle anything............My slide on my 290RLT didn't work correctly the first day I went to pick it up January 2011 and hasn't since despite multiple trips to the dealer and a few weekends of camping canceled due to the trailer being in the shop. If reading this makes a few people unhappy welcome to my word. Not posting this because I think RV Guy might read it. Posting this because “word of mouth” is the best way to communicate a company’s reputation. Everyone says that FR has such great customer service………….. I’m still waiting. I did notice that they no longer build the larger slides with the tracks mounted on the side of the larger slides (like mine, which seems to be the problem) but have switched back to mounting the slide mechanisms under them (still use the other on the smaller slides). My advice to you based on my personal experience is if it doesn’t work now being new…….it ain’t going to work later. If I was building / selling campers I’d make sure that the major components like the slides operated correctly before sending them out. Monday morning quarterbacking I shouldn’t have accepted the trailer but it was my first new fifth wheel and the PDI was short and sweet. After reading many post on this forum I will have a whole different approach when buying my next Jayco!!!!!!!!

2011 Crusader 290RLT
2010 GMC 2500HD 6.0
Nights camped in '11 - 35
62car9 is offline   Reply With Quote