Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #1

First trip in my crusader and really disappointed

We are currently on it first trip with our crusader 320rlt and I have to say I am really disappointed. The air mattress is slowly leaking, it's bearable since it is slow but you sink in the middle by morning. The counter tops scratch EXTREMELY easy.I was stirring eggs in a plastic bowl and there are several circular scratches, plus the edge between the tv top and kitchen counter top looks like someone took a knife and cut the edge off. The dvd does not work at all or stops working a couple minutes into into the movie. And the carpeting on the largest slide keeps fraying because it was just cut off and not sewn so it would not fray.I do love the layout and was so excited to get it and take our first trip but now I am afraid I made a mistake. I hate to say it but I think I want my mountaineer back.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #2

Sorry to hear your disappointed. I agree the counter tops do scratch easily. We've learned to put a towel under stuff. Haven't had any of the other problems. Good news is PT customer service is second to none. Contact them through their website and I'm certain they'll make it right.

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #3

When I realized they scratch easily I started doing that but I shouldn't have to, they should be more durable than that. It's also a good thing we had spare fuses in our supplies from or other camper or we would not have gotten the camper off our truck, fuse blew for the front jacks....and this is our first trip.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #4

I did have that problem, dealer replaced the fuse with an automotive style automatic resetting circuit breaker. Haven't had an issue since.

Jason and Billie
Old 08-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #5

Sorry to hear about your problems.
The air mattress is known to leak, but a new one sometimes needs to be "broke in". After a few uses it usually will hold air. If not, check the cap at the foot end of the bed. Sometimes these aren't on tight and air will leak there. One trick that works well is to put some cling wrap under the cap.
Sounds like the carpet and trim work got through their Q&A.
We haven't experienced any scratches in our counter tops. I don't know, maybe we are just lucky.
Our Jensen DVD player has been perfect. I haven't read or heard of anyone else having any problem with theirs.

One thing you do have going for you, PT's customer service is second to none. They will take care of your issues. Here's the link to their contact page; Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

Hope this helps.

Gary & Trish
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #6

Thanks for all your support and suggestions. I emailed their support and they really were great and quick to respond. They are sending a new air mattress no questions asked and I am to work with my dealer on the other issues. They promised to get them resolved. My question is, is it possible to get my counter tops without the shiney finish? If you look at the inside of the sink covers it is a nice flat finish. Its the shiny finish that surface scratches so easy.

Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaGrace View Post
Thanks for all your support and suggestions. I emailed their support and they really were great and quick to respond. They are sending a new air mattress no questions asked and I am to work with my dealer on the other issues. They promised to get them resolved. My question is, is it possible to get my counter tops without the shiney finish? If you look at the inside of the sink covers it is a nice flat finish. Its the shiny finish that surface scratches so easy.

Thanks again.
Wish I could help on the countertops, but I think it would be best to contact PT again and see what they have to say.
Just want to make the point, all new trailers need to get the bugs worked out. Of course the countertops, carpet and sloppy trim will probably require your dealer's service department, but there are alot of people that have major problems with their new trailers. Leaks (internal & external), component failures, axle and tire issues, etc....
At least it sounds like most of your issues are cosmetic. I know that probably doesn't help you feel any better. Just tryin' to say that they should be able to fix you up easily and quickly and none of those issues should keep you from camping and having a good time.

Good luck and happy camping!

Gary & Trish
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #8

Excellent point. I need to be thankful all necessities are working and just enjoy the rest of or trip. I really do love the camper all issues aside. Thank fire reminding me what's important...happy camping
Old 08-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #9

If it makes you feel better, the problem with the fuse on the landing gear isn't just Prime Time. That's a common problem and the circuit breaker is a common fix on many different makes of 5'ers. I feel you with the countertops. They are the nicest looking counters I've seen but sometimes not practical. Look up E-Stone on the web if you get a chance. You might be surprised to see how they're made... I know I was.

Jason and Billie
Old 08-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #10

Talking

Well we just packed up and are heading home. Our awning will not completely close on one side and our bedroom slide quit working a couple seconds after it started closing. We have got go be the unluckiest campers. Didn't have these issues with our last fifth wheel. Gonna call our dealer tomorrow. If PT has the customer service that everyone says they do then all should be good.