Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
First trip in the Tracer 2700RES

Took a short 3 hour run to the Natural Bridge, VA KOA and decided to de-winterize on site.

The first issue I encountered when following the de-winterization instructions was the water pump just gurgled and did not want to flush the lines.

I switched to city water and flushed the lines.. Noticed that the kitchen faucet had very little water pressure.

I called the dealer support department for some quick tips and had a duh moment. The person I spoke with said it's common in brand new rigs for debris to block the filters on the tips of outlets.. Sure enough.. Cleaned the filter and water flowed with the expected pressure.

The tech also said that it sounded as if the water pump needed to be primed but could not offer any advice for doing so.

On the 2700, the water pump is located in the rear of the unit next to the water heater. The cabinet is under the Jensen head unit and accessed easily after removing 4 screws then lifting the panel away. A little investigation revealed a hose and valves connected to the pump. I opened the valves, poured some water in and bingo, working water while using the pump.

The next issue was the tv reception. This KOA provided cable but we could only get a few channels and only a small number appeared clear. As it turned out there is a power toggle on the the wingard 12v and coax plate. Evidently this toggle is for the amplified over air antenna. Once I turned that off, the cable worked great.

The shower was disappointing to say the least. A quick run to the Roanoke Camping World for a new shower head resolved that issue.

While trying all the systems we turned on the AC and was kinda shocked at how loud it was, fortunately the weather is cool enough to not require it.

Finally, the dinette table. It's wobbly to say the least..

Do not take this as complete dissatisfaction with the new Tracer, rather a relating of first timer learning curve issues, we are very happy with the trailer and looking forward to future trips.

Leaving for home Sunday.
iblanken is offline   Reply With Quote