Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #1

Cool First trip out...good/bad, maybe you have a fix?

So we had our first trip out in the new Lacrosse 318BHS Touring trailer...took it out for a couple of days and in this area it is the earliest we have ever camped (mild winter)! We had some issues, some wishes and an adjustment. Other then that we as a family had a great time!

Issues....Why us? Our Rockwood first rain we noticed it had a window leak in the bedroom when it rained, even after fixed a few years later floor was soft in that area. NOW no rain, however carpet going into bedroom by slide was very wet after plugged into water for 24hours. I at first thought maybe kids are not admitting to spilling something. Hubby looked underneath and felt around and found nothing. No AC running either. However after we dried it the best we could following day same issue. Only thing I can think of is a pipe has a leak and we are not seeing the signs from underneath...but concerned now of the floors future! We obviously need to find someone to fix it too and asap seeing we have other trips planned, bought the trailer 6 hours away from home due to local not meeting our budget price.
We did have some other issues that maybe are normal or our error: awning when closing kinda kept thudding as it was being rolled up (however never happened when we played with it at home), the doors into the trailer seem to need a good slam to close or a really hard quick push (or pull if inside), is there a trick needed to use radio as MP3 (like do I have to buy a special cord seeing ones I use in the car are not working).

Wishes...Well one could be an issue possibly if not taken care of. When we showered I noticed the curtain really doesnt completely hold back the water. As though I need a plastic inside of the curtain. I love the curtain opposed to an accordian but.....water can very easily find its way out of the tub if it lands on the top of the tub. The rail on the accordian seemed to protect from that issue, maybe we need to install some kind of rail.
I wish we got a remote for the fireplace, I was told it comes with one but withheld due to TV signal confusion. I would like to use those settings I could only do with a remote and feel I can deal with signal confusion! Wish I had that choice.
I wish there were big long draws under dine table so I don'tt have to break down seats to retrieve items. (anyone do that to theirs and can help with how to/ideas/material list?)
Same with bathroom I would like a flip up counter....I know I saw that here and need to find that again!

Our adjustments. We could not flip up and lock in the top bunk once it was made with sheets. Taking the mattress piece off and moving it to other side is not on my want to do list, I want it to flip up! My husband fixed that while we were camping. We used what was already there. Put a wire around what is screwed into the wall (both ends of the wire to make a circle) so instead of latching the latch the latch stays as it would if the bed was laying down and we take the wire and put it around the whole latch.

I really cannot wait to go out again! I really do love all the room this trailer has to offer and the kids loved having such a large bunk house!!!

Any ideas and thoughts are very much appreciated. THANK YOU!

Emily

Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about the water issue, thats a definite warranty issue. As far as the doors go I used a small flat file to "shave" off some metal on the keeper. Bathroom door shuts perfect now.

The cabinet doors on the dinette benches should be an easy fix. My 2013 comes standard with them so you should be able to contact the factory and get them. There is some discussion on that either hear on the "roundtable" discussion thread, or its over on lacrosseforumz.com. Cant remember but someone just ordered them and they can probably offer some insight.

Good luck

Old 04-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdandy View Post
When we showered I noticed the curtain really doesnt completely hold back the water. As though I need a plastic inside of the curtain. I love the curtain opposed to an accordian but.....water can very easily find its way out of the tub if it lands on the top of the tub. The rail on the accordian seemed to protect from that issue, maybe we need to install some kind of rail.
I just ran a bead of almond caulk on the top of the tub. Basically making a dam and a place for the water to run back into the tub. That way I get no water running onto the floor. Works like a charm.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
Site Team

Congrats on the new trailer and first outing! Feel free to post pics.

Door slamming
When my tt was new I also had to pull really hard (slamming) to close the door from the inside. I now have learned how much pressure is really needed without slamming. In my case it was all in the technique. Does your trailer door close differently than other trailers?

Fireplace remote
Your dealer should be able to get one for you.

Booth storage
Love it but hate to get in it too. I'm rearranging my tt so that mostly only seasonal stuff will go there. A lot of members have done mods to include drawers or doors for easier access.

Shower curtain
If the shower curtain is long enough try placing a bottle of body wash or shampoo on the lower edge of the curtain to keep it flat and secure against the tub or frame. In my case Lake Salem was coming from the end closest to the faucet/showerhead. Now I have a dry floor when exiting the shower.

Take care,
Terie

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdandy
So we had our first trip out in the new Lacrosse 318BHS Touring trailer...took it out for a couple of days and in this area it is the earliest we have ever camped (mild winter)! We had some issues, some wishes and an adjustment. Other then that we as a family had a great time!

Issues....Why us? Our Rockwood first rain we noticed it had a window leak in the bedroom when it rained, even after fixed a few years later floor was soft in that area. NOW no rain, however carpet going into bedroom by slide was very wet after plugged into water for 24hours. I at first thought maybe kids are not admitting to spilling something. Hubby looked underneath and felt around and found nothing. No AC running either. However after we dried it the best we could following day same issue. Only thing I can think of is a pipe has a leak and we are not seeing the signs from underneath...but concerned now of the floors future! We obviously need to find someone to fix it too and asap seeing we have other trips planned, bought the trailer 6 hours away from home due to local not meeting our budget price.
We did have some other issues that maybe are normal or our error: awning when closing kinda kept thudding as it was being rolled up (however never happened when we played with it at home), the doors into the trailer seem to need a good slam to close or a really hard quick push (or pull if inside), is there a trick needed to use radio as MP3 (like do I have to buy a special cord seeing ones I use in the car are not working).

Wishes...Well one could be an issue possibly if not taken care of. When we showered I noticed the curtain really doesnt completely hold back the water. As though I need a plastic inside of the curtain. I love the curtain opposed to an accordian but.....water can very easily find its way out of the tub if it lands on the top of the tub. The rail on the accordian seemed to protect from that issue, maybe we need to install some kind of rail.
I wish we got a remote for the fireplace, I was told it comes with one but withheld due to TV signal confusion. I would like to use those settings I could only do with a remote and feel I can deal with signal confusion! Wish I had that choice.
I wish there were big long draws under dine table so I don'tt have to break down seats to retrieve items. (anyone do that to theirs and can help with how to/ideas/material list?)
Same with bathroom I would like a flip up counter....I know I saw that here and need to find that again!

Our adjustments. We could not flip up and lock in the top bunk once it was made with sheets. Taking the mattress piece off and moving it to other side is not on my want to do list, I want it to flip up! My husband fixed that while we were camping. We used what was already there. Put a wire around what is screwed into the wall (both ends of the wire to make a circle) so instead of latching the latch the latch stays as it would if the bed was laying down and we take the wire and put it around the whole latch.

I really cannot wait to go out again! I really do love all the room this trailer has to offer and the kids loved having such a large bunk house!!!

Any ideas and thoughts are very much appreciated. THANK YOU!

Emily
We had a leak from under our bathroom sink that was a bad 'back Flow' device of some kind. The dealed just replaced it with an elbow. The said it was not needed. Our front exit door was worped and had to bereplaced. Now all is good. We have been living in our Lacrosse 301 RLS now for 6 months with 39 days until retirement and then full time RVing for a couple of years. We love our. Primetime Lacrosse. Have fun.............Richard.