Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #1

First Trip Over

Just had a great week at James Island County Park in Charleston SC. Wondereful park and love the area. Now the RV! I have a new 2640 RLS Tracer. We love the floorplan however it would be much better if they would add an extra 12 inches in the bedroom but it was fine. There were a few problems which is normal. 1st thing is the doors are VERY hard to open, I put a little lube on the latch and I am hoping they will wear in and get better but if not a little time with the Dremel tool will cure that. We noticed that we only had luke warm water, after a few warm showers I took the access panel off and started to turn valves and they had the bypass valve in the wrong place so problem solved. Wife was doing her 1st dishwashing and noticed water running across the floor, it was leaking around the strainer basket. I fixed it yesterday and it had no plummers putty in the left sink. Now since I am under the sink and have everything loose I notice that the plumbing is to short and for it to hook up the the sink u have to really lift it up before u tighten the nuts. Well that would be fine but when u lift it up the black drain pipe that runs along the floor is up very tight to the little 2 1/2 inch section of plastic pipe that comes out of the back of the HW heater. This is bad as this puts stress on the short pipe and I am sure it will lead to failure at some point. It seems to me that the guy who did the kitchen sink plumbing needs to be retrained.
Very sloppy work. I will either have to cut the pipe and make it about 1 inch longer or wait till I take it in for some work and have the dealer do it.
Now don't get me wrong, we love our Tracer, it pulled nice, has a big shower which I used and that was nice, bed was fine after putting our 3 in memory foam on it, loved the leveling jacks and I also liked the power awning which I didn't think I would like. One more thing is the water hookups. I think that is a nice thing they have there but for a 62 yr old fat man who had shoulder surgery 3 mo. back I would rather have those connections out where I can get to them.
also will have to adapt water can so I can add water. Fit and finish of the wood work looks very good. Love the baggage doors and all of that storage. Looking forward to many day and nights of fun in our new Tracer.
wvbike_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #2

Is this a new unit? If so I would be taking it back from them to fix and fix it correctly.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrackney View Post
Is this a new unit? If so I would be taking it back from them to fix and fix it correctly.
Yes, brand new. I would rather fix small things myself like the kitcher drain that I fixed yesterday. Its such a hassle to take it in however if I had seen that pipe up against the WH like I mentioned before I made that repair I would have taken it in. It will all work out, either I will fix it or take it in.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #4

I'm sorry, I just have to say this.

You want the water hookups out where you can get to them because you say you're fat, 62, and had shoulder surgery, yet you were able to get in the cabinet under the kitchen sink to fix the plumbing? No, you're not getting any sympathy from this old man. Sorry, this just had to be said.

I'm glad you like your trailer and I hope you have a trouble-free season of camping.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #5

For the water connections, add some quick disconnects which could eliminate issues you might have getting to them and screwing on the hose.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I'm sorry, I just have to say this.

You want the water hookups out where you can get to them because you say you're fat, 62, and had shoulder surgery, yet you were able to get in the cabinet under the kitchen sink to fix the plumbing? No, you're not getting any sympathy from this old man. Sorry, this just had to be said.

I'm glad you like your trailer and I hope you have a trouble-free season of camping.

Actually it was quite difficult for this old man to get under the sink, I gave up at first but I just could not let it beat me so I went back at it.
And as far as getting any sympathy from u or anyone else I was not asking for it. I was simply giving my opinion from my view point which is a FAT 62 yr old man who just had surgery However if your response just had to be said I am sure glad u got it off your chest.
Thanks and have a great day.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorot8 View Post
For the water connections, add some quick disconnects which could eliminate issues you might have getting to them and screwing on the hose.
Good idea, I bought one at Wal Mart and used it this weekend and it was a snap, I will get one for the black tank flush also. Just cost a few buks and worth every penny.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #8

wvbike 99, glad you had a good trip overall. Except for the plumbing it sounds like your problems are minor and it's good to hear that your willing to take care of the ones you're able to. You know they get fixed correctly, right?
I hope your recovery from your shoulder surgery goes fast and complete. I've had a back and 2 knee surgeries in the last five years so I understand. Great attitude.....don't let it beat you.
Post some pics of your trip if you have any. We love pics!

Good luck and happy camping!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote