Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #1

Fixing to buy and new to travel trailers..

Hey all, Newbie here...
I am going this afternoon to look at a new-to-me trailer and hoping someone can chime in before i get there to let me know what i need to look for:
2015 Primetime Avenger ATI 27BBS W/ Advantage Package
It is being used until the current owners new home is complete. It has appr. 100 miles on it. The price is $15000 including all hoses, sway bar, hitch, ez level chains, and a few other small things. According to the owner and pics it is flawless. This is my first time venturing into the RV world. What do I need to be looking for? Is this a good deal? The price is not negotiable any more than what is stated above. Anything I need to be leery of? Or would you think this is a great buy if it is in pristine shape? Thanks so much in advance.
rhino_160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

A 2015 with no options is listed at $15650 low retail, so your price is in the ballpark. Just be aware there is no warranty on a used unit unless you purchase an extended warranty thru a third party. Sounds like it may have an Equalizer hitch, make sure it is the 4 point (listed on the bars)...that is worth $300 if it is.

Another point, most of the tires are load range C and are called "China Bombs" on here. I would suggest replacing them asap or at least purchase a tire pressure monitoring system. Another must have is an electrical management system such as the Progressive Industries model. It will pay for itself first time you have an electrical issue in a campground.

2014 Avenger ATI Series M-27 BBS Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:33 AM   #3

The listed options are a spare tire, electric awning, advantage package, and the hoses etc...
My concern is it doesn't have the "enclosed heated underbelly" option since it's the ATI one
rhino_160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
Citrus County, Fl.

Our 99 Terry had exposed holding tanks. We had a few nights in the low 20's for a couple of hours here in Florida and never had a problem. Just make sure they are drained as well has the water heater, water tank and low point drains. You can also winterize the unit if you are in a cold climate. Lots of threads list on here.

Make sure you check the seals on the roof to make sure they have not cracked. A little maintenance goes a long way.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #5

In addition to the suggestions, since you are new to camping, I would recommend joining a camping club - local Good Sam or Forest River. You can learn a lot from your fellow member's mistakes.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:44 AM   #6

27 foot TT will weigh around 7-8 thousand pounds. Make sure your TV will pull it OK.
saltyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer