Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #1

Floor near heat vent seem mushy

My DW and I bought a Crusader 295 and the floor near a heat vent seems to be mushy. There is no apparent water damage that would cause this. I am just wondering if this is normal after being walked on for awhile.

It doesn't feel like you would fall through. I think when we first got it there was some play in the floor but I think maybe more so now.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #2

I don't think that sounds normal at all. Is your unit new or pre owned ? If you bought it from a dealer I'd take it back and get it checked out and have it fixed. If not bought from dealer you still need to find out what is going on and get it fixed before it gets worse. Good luck.
KathyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #3

Yea it is new 2016 we bought last June. We need to take back to dealer to fix what they screwed up the last time. I guess they will have more work to do.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:38 PM   #4

I had similar issue due to the galley tank, dealer dropped the tank reinforced the plywood and installed a grid work the spot is rock solid, now area around it feels spongy by comparison. Work with Prime Time and your dealer, but if the spacing is less than 16" don't count on a lot to fix it.
OnyxSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:16 PM   #5
peaceparson

We had a mushy floor in our PUP, near the back wall. The floor turned out to be rotted from having gotten soggy. We never found where the water came from, but since the camper was used and not under warranty, we cut out the bad place and inserted new flooring. Then used waterproffing on the underside, and filled all cracks with waterproof foam insulation. So far, we seem to have solved the problem--no more mush and no sign of a leak. I think the floor was originally cut a bit short and water from the road splashed up inside the trailer inside a seat-storage area and couldn't dry out--hence the rot.
peaceparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:56 PM   #6

Sometimes a floor support/brace is not installed due to the heat run going to the floor register. A support can be added. Been there, done that.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent