Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #1

Follow up.. Prime Times customer service / Mcclains RV

So as many of you on this forum know I have been pretty vocal about the problems I have been having with my bedroom slide in my 298BHD. Mainly about the way Mcclains RV in Ft Worth TX and Prime Time have been handling it. I have not been all that impressed with the way it has been handled up to this point. After hearing everyone on these forums go on and on about Prime Time's customer service, I felt it wasn't much to brag about. So I am hear to tell everyone that if things keep going the way they are going I will have to eat a little crow. I recieved an email yesterday from Mr Rank the president of Prime Time. They took ownership for the problems the coach had when it left the factory, and for the way the solution was communicated to Mcclains. I can't tell you how much this means to me. I also recieved a phone call yesterday from Mr. Hermon, he is the VP at Prime Time. He informed me that the correct parts had been shipped to Mcclains, and they were working with Mcclains to make sure it got fixed properly this time. He also told me they would have no problem with doing some sort of warranty extention to give me some peice of mind about the new solution they had for my slide problems. They also passed along that they had gotten the owner of the dealership in Ft Worth and the service manager involved. And felt certain that they should be able to get this fixed in a way that would meet everyones stanards. So as of now I can say I am a convert... I can get aboard with the rest of you and drink the Kool-Aid! Top notch customer service, the way all company's should be run. They stepped up to the plate and took care of business. Thats the kind of stuff that will make a life long customer! I hate to get ahead of myself, because the camper is not out of the shop yet. But I sure do feel a lot better about the whole deal now. Thanks to Jeff, Chris, and Roger at Prime Time. I apperciate all the time and effort you have put into this situation over the last couple of days.
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

Glad to hear you may soon be able to enjoy your trailer.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #3

Good news!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #4

When we all read about your issue and the patch, it was very concerning. Hope all will go well for you this time!!
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #5

The squeeky wheel always gets the grease. Begs the question of where would you be without this public forum. I would think you should sing the praises of this forum.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #6

It all started with a email that I sent directly to Prime Time... So what ever, I really dont care one way or the other. Seems it doens't matter what you post on these forums there is always someone with something else to add. If I would have said thanks to this forum and Prime Time someone would jump it with a ... "You should have thanked Al Gore after all he invented the internet. And without it your camper would still be broke." Just happy to have things moving in the right direction.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtad View Post
It all started with a email that I sent directly to Prime Time... So what ever, I really dont care one way or the other. Seems it doens't matter what you post on these forums there is always someone with something else to add. If I would have said thanks to this forum and Prime Time someone would jump it with a ... "You should have thanked Al Gore after all he invented the internet. And without it your camper would still be broke." Just happy to have things moving in the right direction.
You are absolutely correct with your last statement. It's impossible to please everybody. I think you've done the right thing. You had an issue which you vocalized here. If PT is doing what they should, it's only right for you to get back on here and let everyone know they're doing the right thing.

I'm very glad that everything appears to be working out for you. With RVGuy's active participation here, I would've been surprised if they didn't come up with some workable solution for you with the only barrier to satisfaction being the time necessary to properly diagnose the problem and develop a reasonable solution.

Regardless of what some of the naysayers have to say, I personally think it speaks volumes that a member of their executive staff actively participates in discussions here opening himself up for ridicule and attack. When dealing with products, we all know forums tend to be a place of negativity as people come here either to complain about their problems or in an attempt to find a solution. Usually, those who are happy aren't here on a forum, they're out enjoying their product. That RVGuy is willing to jump into the hornet's nest in order to try and assuage peoples' concerns really says a lot about what the company is trying to accomplish.

RV companies are not perfect. I, along with everyone else, wish they did put a more durable product out there for the money we consumers spend, but unfortunately it is what it is. I'd much rather have a responsive company than one that hides from you and denies you even exist.

Very few owners are as privileged as we are as PT owners (well, me in the new future.. ) to have such open access to people who have the actual horsepower to get things accomplished in the company.

I hope your situation is resolved to your satisfaction quickly and you can enjoy your 5er!!
Sake' (140 lb Akita) & Ceaser (140 lb Bull Mastiff)
www.barry-overstreet.com
RVBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
Site Team

I am happy to hear that the op unit will be getting the attention it needs.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #9

I'm very glad to hear that things are getting worked out for you.

Be sure and post some pics of that trip you're taking next month! We love pics!

Good luck and happy camping.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown
The squeeky wheel always gets the grease. Begs the question of where would you be without this public forum. I would think you should sing the praises of this forum.
Don't believe that for a second. In fact, I'm having a repair done this moment outside my warranty and I never said a word on this or any other forum.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #11

Quote:

Al Gore invented the internet???
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 02-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
Don't believe that for a second. In fact, I'm having a repair done this moment outside my warranty and I never said a word on this or any other forum.

You guys are way too sensitive....lighten up for the pete's sake. Enjoy life.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 02-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #13

Just making a point. At least give folks a chance to make it right before going on an internet forum to rant.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #14

Quote:
.......So as of now I can say I am a convert... I can get aboard with the rest of you and drink the Kool-Aid! Top notch customer service, the way all company's should be run. They stepped up to the plate and took care of business. Thats the kind of stuff that will make a life long customer!........
Do I now get to say, "I told you so!"

Please, don't take this wrong and get mad, 'cause I'm really just kiddin' around.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #15

Sure if you want. Like I said all along, everyone was saying how great they were. But up until yesterday I didn't see it. I said from the beging, I was just waiting for someone to step up and do the right thing.. They just didn't get to stepping as fast as I wanted...lol
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
Hob

Bet you wouldn't say that to your wife!

Best Regards,

Hob
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Sure if you want. Like I said all along, everyone was saying how great they were. But up until yesterday I didn't see it. I said from the beging, I was just waiting for someone to step up and do the right thing.. They just didn't get to stepping as fast as I wanted...lol
You had a problem with your 5'er. Took it to get it fixed and ended up with a bigger problem. You were told it's fixed correctly. No one else would touch it. You did the right thing. Kept in contact with the manufacturer and dealer until things got worked out.

Hopefully this forum allowed you to blow off some steam.

I hope in the next few days you post it's all fixed and good to go. Then you can post about how much fun you're having while camping with your family and friends. Pics are mandatory!

That's what it's all about, right?

P.S. Just wanted to add. jtad, you showed alot of character posting this thread. Just like you said you would. I would gladly share a campfire with you anytime.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
Bet you wouldn't say that to your wife!

Best Regards,

Hob
Oh, I've said plenty of things to my wife.......
.......just not where she could hear me!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #19

.......and that's how the fight started.......lol!!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #20

Alright then,make sure that's grape flavored Koolaid!

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote