Old 04-02-2014, 01:52 AM   #21

Must say that recall looks very odd ie units affected 26?? Was last modified in November but the recall date is march 2014. Resolution to be determined. No serial numbers or model??

Old 04-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #22

Called PT and confirmed my unit is not affected. They said it was a very small number. Best to email them your vin and ask. Dealer knew nothing. PT has the parts to correct from lippert. Involves raising trailer 1.5 inches and grinding off a metal edge.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
Called PT and confirmed my unit is not affected. They said it was a very small number. Best to email them your vin and ask. Dealer knew nothing. PT has the parts to correct from lippert. Involves raising trailer 1.5 inches and grinding off a metal edge.

Thanks for that information!! Will do that promptly and ask about that awning recall too 👍
Old 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Thanks for that information!! Will do that promptly and ask about that awning recall too 👍
Correct me if I'm wrong but with the awning motor there were two serial number series that were the bad ones. I read it in the awning thread it was serial #'s 306xxxx and 314xxxxxx that were the bad ones.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #25

Jumped on the horn today and talked with factory. Mine unit has the recall for the slide out bracket rubbing the tire. They setup an appt with my svc dealer and sent parts and a new tire. Dropped rig off and will hopefully pickup tomorrow. They have been great so far! Will update with the fix status tomorrow. Thanks for this forum and bulletin as it prob saved me from a tire blowout Nd who knows what else.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Jumped on the horn today and talked with factory. Mine unit has the recall for the slide out bracket rubbing the tire. They setup an appt with my svc dealer and sent parts and a new tire. Dropped rig off and will hopefully pickup tomorrow. They have been great so far! Will update with the fix status tomorrow. Thanks for this forum and bulletin as it prob saved me from a tire blowout Nd who knows what else.

What model do you have and when was it made? Were they able to verify all this with your VIN??
Old 04-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #27

FOREST RIVER issued a recall on the CRUSADER model

Quote:
What model do you have and when was it made? Were they able to verify all this with your VIN??

Mine is a 315rst. Was the dinette slide. Contacted factory first and I supplied them pics. Never gave then my vin but they knew who I was and found me in computer system so they must have my vin somehow. Mine is a 2014 and mfg 10/14

My tire is scraped up pretty good and I've only take it out about 150 miles plus delivery to dealer from mfg.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #28

Got email back just now from Roger at Prime Time to check our 325RES

Only affects 315 models
Old 04-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Got email back just now from Roger at Prime Time to check our 325RES

Only affects 315 models

It was my understanding that it was not just 315 models but I'm not 100 percent sure. If I owned a crusader regardless I would be looking.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
It was my understanding that it was not just 315 models but I'm not 100 percent sure. If I owned a crusader regardless I would be looking.

Roger at Prime Time stated it was only those 315 ....said our 325RES was not included - i sent an email at 1030 am today thru their website contact us and had an answer before noon 👍

Tags
crusader, forest river, recall, modifications