Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #21

Must say that recall looks very odd ie units affected 26?? Was last modified in November but the recall date is march 2014. Resolution to be determined. No serial numbers or model??
Old 04-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #22

Called PT and confirmed my unit is not affected. They said it was a very small number. Best to email them your vin and ask. Dealer knew nothing. PT has the parts to correct from lippert. Involves raising trailer 1.5 inches and grinding off a metal edge.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
Called PT and confirmed my unit is not affected. They said it was a very small number. Best to email them your vin and ask. Dealer knew nothing. PT has the parts to correct from lippert. Involves raising trailer 1.5 inches and grinding off a metal edge.

Thanks for that information!! Will do that promptly and ask about that awning recall too 👍
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Thanks for that information!! Will do that promptly and ask about that awning recall too 👍
Correct me if I'm wrong but with the awning motor there were two serial number series that were the bad ones. I read it in the awning thread it was serial #'s 306xxxx and 314xxxxxx that were the bad ones.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #25

Jumped on the horn today and talked with factory. Mine unit has the recall for the slide out bracket rubbing the tire. They setup an appt with my svc dealer and sent parts and a new tire. Dropped rig off and will hopefully pickup tomorrow. They have been great so far! Will update with the fix status tomorrow. Thanks for this forum and bulletin as it prob saved me from a tire blowout Nd who knows what else.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Jumped on the horn today and talked with factory. Mine unit has the recall for the slide out bracket rubbing the tire. They setup an appt with my svc dealer and sent parts and a new tire. Dropped rig off and will hopefully pickup tomorrow. They have been great so far! Will update with the fix status tomorrow. Thanks for this forum and bulletin as it prob saved me from a tire blowout Nd who knows what else.

What model do you have and when was it made? Were they able to verify all this with your VIN??
Old 04-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #27

FOREST RIVER issued a recall on the CRUSADER model

Quote:
What model do you have and when was it made? Were they able to verify all this with your VIN??

Mine is a 315rst. Was the dinette slide. Contacted factory first and I supplied them pics. Never gave then my vin but they knew who I was and found me in computer system so they must have my vin somehow. Mine is a 2014 and mfg 10/14

My tire is scraped up pretty good and I've only take it out about 150 miles plus delivery to dealer from mfg.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #28

Got email back just now from Roger at Prime Time to check our 325RES

Only affects 315 models
Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Got email back just now from Roger at Prime Time to check our 325RES

Only affects 315 models

It was my understanding that it was not just 315 models but I'm not 100 percent sure. If I owned a crusader regardless I would be looking.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #30

Quote:
It was my understanding that it was not just 315 models but I'm not 100 percent sure. If I owned a crusader regardless I would be looking.

Roger at Prime Time stated it was only those 315 ....said our 325RES was not included - i sent an email at 1030 am today thru their website contact us and had an answer before noon 👍
Old 04-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #31

That is good to know. I went out this am and slid under my 325 on a creeper just to make sure and all is good under there.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #32

Heard from Shane on mine re: this recall and the awning recall. My 295RST is not impacted.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #33

Quote:

Todouble, let us know what they do to fix. Curious what parts they change to only lift the camper 1.5" if that is correct. I could use 1.5" to get level. Think an axle flip wpuld be topo much!
blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcorvair View Post
Todouble, let us know what they do to fix. Curious what parts they change to only lift the camper 1.5" if that is correct. I could use 1.5" to get level. Think an axle flip wpuld be topo much!

Well I gotta say prime time is outstanding! I contacted Shane about 1230 on wed. He responded back to my email in less than 30 mins and had me lined up with the dealer to fix. I explained I was going on a trip this weekend and he overnighted parts to my dealer and had it done today by 3 pm. Went and picked up today and brought home so we can head out in the morning. Between him and my dealer they all worked together brilliantly and got me done in about 24 hrs start to finish of my email. Shane even contacted me and gave me updates on the tracking of the parts. He took time out of his evening and was emailing me updates at 9 pm at night! You won't get that anywhere else! BIG SHOUTOUT to prime time and Shane!

As to the fix, they grind the sharp corner off and round it over. Replaced my tire and added a 1" lift per paperwork to unit. Not exactly how or where but it raises the back up an inch. In my case it was beneficial as I was a little nose high in the front and now I'm about level or close enough! I now have about 3 1/2-4" of clearance which should be more than plenty and in the rare case it does touch briefly it's a rounded corner so it shouldn't do any damage! Hope this helps guys. More questions let me know!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #35

Quote:
Well I gotta say prime time is outstanding! I contacted Shane about 1230 on wed. He responded back to my email in less than 30 mins and had me lined up with the dealer to fix. I explained I was going on a trip this weekend and he overnighted parts to my dealer and had it done today by 3 pm. Went and picked up today and brought home so we can head out in the morning. Between him and my dealer they all worked together brilliantly and got me done in about 24 hrs start to finish of my email. Shane even contacted me and gave me updates on the tracking of the parts. He took time out of his evening and was emailing me updates at 9 pm at night! You won't get that anywhere else! BIG SHOUTOUT to prime time and Shane!

As to the fix, they grind the sharp corner off and round it over. Replaced my tire and added a 1" lift per paperwork to unit. Not exactly how or where but it raises the back up an inch. In my case it was beneficial as I was a little nose high in the front and now I'm about level or close enough! I now have about 3 1/2-4" of clearance which should be more than plenty and in the rare case it does touch briefly it's a rounded corner so it shouldn't do any damage! Hope this helps guys. More questions let me know!

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #36
Commercial Member

Greetings!

We will attempt to fill in some blanks for those interested:

The recall ONLY affects the Crusader 315RST with a VIN (last 6) between 114929 and 116011. Although this is a range of 1082 units, only a small portion of these units are the 315RST model.

The problem was identified and reported last week to US and Canadian authorities. Obviously, the Canadian authorities have published this info. I'm sure the proper US authorities will publish soon. The process dictates that we notify the proper authorities and then they provide us with a Service Advisory number that we have to use when contacting our customers.

Letters are being finalized today and will be sent to customers first thing next week.

Repair kits are here, boxed up, and being sent to dealers right now.

Please address any questions to Roger in our Customer Service department. His email is rstickel@forestriverinc.com

Hope this helps answer some questions.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:34 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Greetings!

We will attempt to fill in some blanks for those interested:

The recall ONLY affects the Crusader 315RST with a VIN (last 6) between 114929 and 116011. Although this is a range of 1082 units, only a small portion of these units are the 315RST model.

The problem was identified and reported last week to US and Canadian authorities. Obviously, the Canadian authorities have published this info. I'm sure the proper US authorities will publish soon. The process dictates that we notify the proper authorities and then they provide us with a Service Advisory number that we have to use when contacting our customers.

Letters are being finalized today and will be sent to customers first thing next week.

Repair kits are here, boxed up, and being sent to dealers right now.

Please address any questions to Roger in our Customer Service department. His email is rstickel@forestriverinc.com

Hope this helps answer some questions.

PTM

Once again PT doesn't leave us hanging very long. They identified, reported, have a solution, let us know and...... have repair kits on the way instead of waiting for a dealer to get one in and have to "order" the kit.

This is why I bought PT again when we decided to upgrade.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #38

Hell they were so good Shane had me fixed at my dealer before they even sent out the letter! Prime time will
Have my business everytime if this keep up! Good job pt

Tags
crusader, forest river, recall, modifications