Old 03-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
what is the difference?? when I had a problem with my schwintek slide, I contacted LCI "Lippert components INC."
I understand that but I know quite a bit about adjusting the LCI tract slide that I might be able to help him with and if its not that garbage IMO schwintek. I don't and I thought I might be able to help him a little if it was the LCI which it is called with adjustments, but then he could also have hydraulic. That why I asked the question. Big difference between the 3 slides FR uses. Also LCI doesn't make the Schwintek slide, FR just installs them that I know of and they are supplied by LCI as a dealer only. Never know someone might have had the same problem...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausstar View Post
gljurczyk, It's a Lippert through the frame slide which supports the living/dining room area. The bottom of the slide rides over a "wear strip" at the edge of the cab as it extends and retracts; the strip is secured with round head screws, not recessed. Clearly, the screws are digging into the wooden bottom of the slide and exposing more and more of the raw wood to the elements, as well as creating friction against which the slide motor is struggling. The dealer tells me that adjusting the slide elevation will not help and will be "opening up a can of worms" possibly creating worse problems.
I have jacked up the slide as far as possible and filed down the screw heads, filled in the crevass with wood epoxy, and covered with UHMW tape....will try it out later today and see if it holds. If not the next step may be to use thicker UHMW "skis" or sheet metal flashing material.
Thanks....update coming and I hope it's a successful story!
I had the exact same problem with mine. In fact I was going through the wear strips every year. After 3 times I looked at were it was scaring the bottom of the slide bottom. What I had to do because FR wouldn't help was that I bought new neoprene stips and countersunk the screw wholes. I lifted the slide a little maybe four turns on each end . You have to be careful to make it the same. I then bought a new glide strip and took it to a metal fab shop. I had some 16 ga S/S made and copied. I installed the S/S stips instead of the plastic ones. I also bought a pair of what are called Slide Slickers and put those at the end of the rug where it meets the bar. It has now been two years without a problem. If I was to do it over I would have used either 18 or 20 ga. S/S. Also I filled the gouges with putty and repainted the bottom to seal it. Now remember I do not have that garbage material as some slides do. My bottom are just wood painted. The reason for the slickers is because of the way the slide will come in when raised. It will clear the bars but then leans forward. I could see the impression on my rugs. I can send you some pictures if you want, but it did the trick that FR dealer couldn't figure out. I'm attaching how to adjust the slide if you don't have it. Good luck but this has worked for me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lieppert-electric-slideout.pdf (1.47 MB, 777 views)

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #23

I thought drew industries which is a parent company of LCI, which acquired schwintek I thought I read it anyway,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I understand that but I know quite a bit about adjusting the LCI tract slide that I might be able to help him with and if its not that garbage IMO schwintek. I don't and I thought I might be able to help him a little if it was the LCI which it is called with adjustments, but then he could also have hydraulic. That why I asked the question. Big difference between the 3 slides FR uses. Also LCI doesn't make the Schwintek slide, FR just installs them that I know of and they are supplied by LCI as a dealer only. Never know someone might have had the same problem...
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
I thought drew industries which is a parent company of LCI, which acquired schwintek I thought I read it anyway,

They bought out Schwintek back in 2010. From what I have seen Schwintek may have been a much better system if they were not out under the LCI umbrella. It seems once they buy someone out the very first thing is to bring the value engineering and lean manufacturing into the mix. Good for them, good for the RV manufacturers, bad for the end user.

Drew to Acquire Rights to An Innovative Wall Slide | RV Business

Lippert Completes Acquisition of Schwintek Inc. | RV Business
Old 03-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBGone View Post
You should contact Debra Rimsa for.the Rockwood Flagstaff lines. I recently dealt with her having floor.replaced in my Signature UltrÓ Lite. She will bend over.backwards to make sure you are happy. If she doesn't work with your brand she will point you to someone who can. She and Floyd Yoder are simply fantastic when it comes to customer service. Phone number is (574) 642-8942 for her direct line. Good luck!!
X2. V helpful. My experience is that the Dealers dont give a s*** and will blame anybody but themselves. They are the weak link in the RV quality chain.

The service guys were wonderful. They did in hours what the dealers quoted in weeks and they found things that I hadnt noticed.

Tags
customer service, service