Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 09:06 AM   #1
Senior New Member

FR Customer Service Contact info ?

Does anyone have a good customer service contact at Forest River to share? I've read several posts about RV owners contacting FR for service/technical problems and getting good response, but so far my email and phone attempts to Prime Time have not been returned. Questions presented to my local dealer have also not produced good solutions to a slideout problem on my Crusader 295.
Thanks any and all !
ausstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
Always Learning

There is no "Forest River" contact. You have to work with each brand.

I don't know how recent this sheet is:
https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/D...nformation.pdf
Old 03-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #3
Director, FROG

Here's a link to the contact pages for all of the divisions.

For Forest River brands other than theirs with their own sites, click on "Visit Contact Us Page," then select the type of RV and the brand that you have. For Coachmen, Dynamax, Palomino, Prime Time, and Shasta, click on their links.

Forest River Inc., A Berkshire Hathaway Company | Recreational Vehicles, Park Models, Commercial Buses, Enclosed and Open Cargo Trailers, Pontoons

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:25 AM   #4

Elusive Forest River Manufacturer

I too looked for a contact at Forest River. We love our 2016 2505S Mini Lite but it came from the manufacturer with water heater not wired for electricity and was in the shop for a month to hook it up.

Now after returning from Mission Texas (after 5 weeks), we dropped it by the
dealer again to fix cracked fan frame and bunk that collapsed. Its been there five weeks.

Dealer says they can fix it as soon as get ok from Forest River.

So I understand why Forest River doesn't want to have contact with its customers.
raysnuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnuffer View Post
... So I understand why Forest River doesn't want to have contact with its customers.
Check my post just above yours.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnuffer View Post
Dealer says they can fix it as soon as get ok from Forest River.
A *VAST* amount of the time, it's not Forest River that the dealer is waiting on. They blame the manufacturer as an excuse.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #7

We have had an exelent service relationship with FR so far.Had 23 serious items,bent pinbox,out of square slide opening and so forth.The non-selling dealer we went to set up a factory return for repair for us.I took it down feb 2,two weeks later they called an d said to come down and the service manager would do a complete walk thru with us.I explained that I cant tow it back for 6 weeks or so because of neck/back surgery and they said no problem,come get it when you are able.WE will be in the area in two weeks and ask to do the walk thru and a tour then,and pick it up in a month or so.My thoughts are that we can eveluate what they did or didnt do,and give all parties involved some time to "touch it up" before we actually pick it up.So far a very good service relationship with Cherokee,and on the extended warrantee.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:39 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
A *VAST* amount of the time, it's not Forest River that the dealer is waiting on. They blame the manufacturer as an excuse.
X2!!
Study your dealership service department operating procedures and you MAY find a glitch or two there. I learned that my service manager was calling Wildcat warranty and leaving a return number of a phone that was not specifically/normally manned... only manned when someone willing to answer happened to pass by it!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #9

Forest River RV Contact Us - Forest River, Inc.

Then just select your brand under the dropdowns.

I contacted, via email, the first one on the ROCKWOOD SIGNATURE ULTRA LITE page and he responded very quickly. I was looking for info on where the wall was reinforced for the outside TV mount and he sent me a schematic of the trailer sidewall.
TXFolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:51 AM   #10
Saltyrod

Send a message via Yahoo to saltyrod
I found FR Rep more than willing to assist, FR3 Rep anyway. You may try e-mailing them for assitance. I think the FR3 rep is great!!!!Saltyrod
saltyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #11

Service Contact

You should contact Debra Rimsa for.the Rockwood Flagstaff lines. I recently dealt with her having floor.replaced in my Signature Ultrà Lite. She will bend over.backwards to make sure you are happy. If she doesn't work with your brand she will point you to someone who can. She and Floyd Yoder are simply fantastic when it comes to customer service. Phone number is (574) 642-8942 for her direct line. Good luck!!
WeBGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #12
Dahagen

I found out that the problem with a warranty repair was not Forest River, but the dealer. The dealer just never got around to ordering the part, even tho they told me it was on order.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #13

Typical crap for the dealers. Been through it, once i contacted Forest River directly , then all of a sudden the dealer gets there butts moving. What they couldnt fix on the 3rd try the MH was taken to the factory and it was fixed the same day we took it there, they started on it a 7am and it was done at 6;00 pm. Great service and people there at the factory.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #14

Wow, what good helpful response !!!!!

Thanks to all who responded to my "mini rant" about our Rockport Mini Lite time in the shop (which at 60 days is a lot more than my 30 days camping).

It seems that I need to deal direct with Rockport branch of Forest River rather than Camperworld and other dealers I have experienced. I looked
in my manual and it said to write them (Forest River) which I didn't have much faith in.

I can't help but be envious of the good service most of you have received. I feel better all ready even though I have no solid date when my trailer will be returned.

Incidentally, the dealer says Forest River warranty dept. wants additional information concerning the bunk that came unglued and the cracked fan frame. The fix will take less than an hour once it is okayed. They must have to consult with some MIT engineers as how to approach applying some glue and screwing the plastic frame back to the fan.

Thanks again for the info on how to contact the correct division of Forest River.

Ray
raysnuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:16 AM   #15

What I started doing in the end, I'd get the PO# from the dealer, and then emailed the material handler at forest river to get the confirmation of what was ordered and when it was shipped to the dealer, and when the dealer received the part of material, then emailed the info to the dealer service rep, when I first did this, I found out the parts set there three weeks and they never started doing anything, and I finally called them and they said the parts just arrived and they would get right on it, it took the dealer another three weeks to get it repaired
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #16

We have one in our library, but here is the same list for you, I will attach it for you I hope
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation (1) (3) (1) (1) (1).pdf (46.2 KB, 58 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #17
Senior New Member

FR Customer Service contacts

Thanks to everyone for the replies to my earlier post. I have received several email responses from Rick Koelndorfer at FR who also gave me some technical advice in solving my slideout issues. Unfortunately, we are not in warranty and suggestions from FR continue to refer me to the local dealer for parts and service, so I will make every effort to make the repairs myself ! I will be glad to post info and pictures if I'm successful...
Old 03-27-2016, 06:10 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausstar View Post
Thanks to everyone for the replies to my earlier post. I have received several email responses from Rick Koelndorfer at FR who also gave me some technical advice in solving my slideout issues. Unfortunately, we are not in warranty and suggestions from FR continue to refer me to the local dealer for parts and service, so I will make every effort to make the repairs myself ! I will be glad to post info and pictures if I'm successful...
ausstar, what is the problem with your slide and what is the mech. dose it use? is it LCI or schwentick?......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
ausstar, what is the problem with your slide and what is the mech. dose it use? is it LCI or schwentick?......
what is the difference?? when I had a problem with my schwintek slide, I contacted LCI "Lippert components INC."
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #20
Senior New Member

gljurczyk, It's a Lippert through the frame slide which supports the living/dining room area. The bottom of the slide rides over a "wear strip" at the edge of the cab as it extends and retracts; the strip is secured with round head screws, not recessed. Clearly, the screws are digging into the wooden bottom of the slide and exposing more and more of the raw wood to the elements, as well as creating friction against which the slide motor is struggling. The dealer tells me that adjusting the slide elevation will not help and will be "opening up a can of worms" possibly creating worse problems.
I have jacked up the slide as far as possible and filed down the screw heads, filled in the crevass with wood epoxy, and covered with UHMW tape....will try it out later today and see if it holds. If not the next step may be to use thicker UHMW "skis" or sheet metal flashing material.
Thanks....update coming and I hope it's a successful story!

Tags
customer service, service