Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2017, 01:00 AM   #21

You should have a shut off in that line from the fresh water tank to the pump already, otherwise you couldn't winterize it....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:13 AM   #22

That is not a shutoff valve. That is a 2 way valve on the inlet side that allows you to bypass the tank and have antifreeze circulate through the hose into the water pump and through the plumbing. That would allow any city water bypassing the internal backflow valve to exit through the inlet for the antifreeze. An external backflow or shutoff on the discharge side of the pump would prevent any city water from reaching the pump.

Doug
2005 Road King
5 Grandkids
Brianna,Frankie,Tyler,Tori&Jocelyn
dougk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #23

So I was able to source a new pump figured I would install it & take the old one apart & get a better look at the diaphragm inside the old one.

Guess all I do is take off the screws near the black plastic base?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7728.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	148381   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7729.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	148382  
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #24

Well, it's been a while since I replaced the pump and I have the same issue again, Freshwater tank filling itself when connected to city water. Guess the RV water pumps check valves are just not made well? 1/3 full tank not using the pump, hooked up & running city water for over a week & this morning water pouring out of the fresh tank gravity fill. Looks like I now need a third pump?
Old 07-26-2018, 12:36 AM   #25

2 pumps within a year? something does not sound right here... the same broken part the same way that close together makes me think something else is happening...
unfortunately I don't know what...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Well, it's been a while since I replaced the pump and I have the same issue again, Freshwater tank filling itself when connected to city water. Guess the RV water pumps check valves are just not made well? 1/3 full tank not using the pump, hooked up & running city water for over a week & this morning water pouring out of the fresh tank gravity fill. Looks like I now need a third pump?
Are you using a pressure regulator? Pressure fluxulate a lot in CG. Sounds like a pressure problem. Turn the city water off run the pump and then turn it off and turn on the city water, should reset it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #27

Yeah I’ve been using a pressure regulator ever since I’ve had this particular rig. We’ve gotten about 75 days worth of camping out of it since last year when I replace the pump with no issues at all.

Last night did the reset procedure and the tank did not fill up.

I also run a robust two stage water filter system to remove any contaminants prior to water ever getting to the pump along with screens inside the Camco water regulator.

When I contacted primetime regarding this issue they were quite clear that it was the pump and quite frankly they were correct because ever since I replaced it I’ve gotten almost a full years worth of camping out of it with no issues until yesterday.

I’m going to start doing some research on pumps maybe buy a better more robust unit VS the one that came with the RV , went with the same one because that’s the one I was familiar with it’s super easy install nothing complex, it’s just a pain to access it because the area is a bit tight & I’m tall.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:40 PM   #28

I developed the same issue with my fresh water tank filling/overfilling while hooked up to the city water supply during my last trip. I just turned off the city water and we used the pump and fresh water tank water until the last day of our trip when the pump ran, but wouldn't pump water, even with the tank 3/4's full. I had had issues with the Anderson Kantleak selector switch and assumed it was related to that until reading this post. I ordered a repair kit for the selector switch today but I'm just curious does anybody know where the water pump is located in a 2012 Sanibel 3500 5th wheel if case the selector switch repair doesn't work?
usraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by usraptor View Post
I developed the same issue with my fresh water tank filling/overfilling while hooked up to the city water supply during my last trip. I just turned off the city water and we used the pump and fresh water tank water until the last day of our trip when the pump ran, but wouldn't pump water, even with the tank 3/4's full. I had had issues with the Anderson Kantleak selector switch and assumed it was related to that until reading this post. I ordered a repair kit for the selector switch today but I'm just curious does anybody know where the water pump is located in a 2012 Sanibel 3500 5th wheel if case the selector switch repair doesn't work?

More than likely located behind the docking station. Accessible by removing the panel in the basement that hides the rear of the docking station. You'll find it mounted to the floor.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:40 AM   #30

Thank You
Old 07-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #31

Our pump is behind the docking station on our Crusader 5th wheel. You should check their first. You may need to remove the gray carpeted panel to gain access.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:32 PM   #32

Thank you,
Old 08-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #33
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Yeah I’ve been using a pressure regulator ever since I’ve had this particular rig. We’ve gotten about 75 days worth of camping out of it since last year when I replace the pump with no issues at all.

Last night did the reset procedure and the tank did not fill up.

I also run a robust two stage water filter system to remove any contaminants prior to water ever getting to the pump along with screens inside the Camco water regulator.

When I contacted primetime regarding this issue they were quite clear that it was the pump and quite frankly they were correct because ever since I replaced it I’ve gotten almost a full years worth of camping out of it with no issues until yesterday.

I’m going to start doing some research on pumps maybe buy a better more robust unit VS the one that came with the RV , went with the same one because that’s the one I was familiar with it’s super easy install nothing complex, it’s just a pain to access it because the area is a bit tight & I’m tall.
Buy an inline check valve and install it near the outlet side of the pump. Troubles ended.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Buy an inline check valve and install it near the outlet side of the pump. Troubles ended.
Yes, I great idea but I have no idea where to install it, do you know what type of valve fits on PEX tubing & were to install it? I know you mentioned it before I recall.

Quite frankly I don't want the water pump to fill the fresh tank, I usually filter fill thru the gravity feed port.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #35

There will be an arrow on the pump to show direction of flow. There is a pipe that leaves the pump and feeds the trailer. On that pipe there will be a tee that comes from the city water feed. Install the check valve (or a ball valve, that's what I use) between the pump and tee with the arrow on the check valve pointed the same way as the one on the pump. That should take care of it.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:34 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwilcox View Post
There will be an arrow on the pump to show direction of flow. There is a pipe that leaves the pump and feeds the trailer. On that pipe there will be a tee that comes from the city water feed. Install the check valve (or a ball valve, that's what I use) between the pump and tee with the arrow on the check valve pointed the same way as the one on the pump. That should take care of it.
Makes sense I will have to look into getting this done in the coming month any link to the ball valve?
Old 08-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #37

https://www.amazon.com/SharkBite-U20...uyL&ref=plSrch
Easy install check valve.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #38

https://www.amazon.com/SharkBite-221...ll+valve&psc=1
Easy install ball valve.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #39
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Don't need to get a new pump...

Just get a new check valve and put it just in front of the water pump!

I just did that a few months ago...took longer to move the stuff out of the basement than to put the check valve in!

You can get this part at Camping World or any other RV parts store and screws right in with no special tools or extra fittings:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161994.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	182226   Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161999.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	182227  
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Don't need to get a new pump...

Just get a new check valve and put it just in front of the water pump!

I just did that a few months ago...took longer to move the stuff out of the basement than to put the check valve in!

You can get this part at Camping World or any other RV parts store and screws right in with no special tools or extra fittings:

Thanks for the visual assistance will root around in my water back soon & get this issue behind me it's annoying especially since the pump works fine.

Tags
tank, water, water tank