Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #21

Herk, Thanks for the information and pics.

Fonzie, reviewed your link and mods. Thanks. How much pressure did you set into the pressure tank? The tank looks like an RO system tank, not sure I have room for one that big near my plumbing connections. Cool ideas though.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #22

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel702 View Post
Herk, Thanks for the information and pics.

Fonzie, reviewed your link and mods. Thanks. How much pressure did you set into the pressure tank? The tank looks like an RO system tank, not sure I have room for one that big near my plumbing connections. Cool ideas though.

These are not my mods but from another member on another forum. Try link below, hopefully it works and you can get the answers.

CampnTravel Forums • View topic - Our 07 Flagstaff 829RGSS and it mods.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
Steve Jackson

Hi Herk, my camper is new and has the house filter. If I decide to go with the inline type down the road do I have to remove the house unit or can I just take the filter out and let the water pass trough the housing?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout1961 View Post
Hi Herk, my camper is new and has the house filter. If I decide to go with the inline type down the road do I have to remove the house unit or can I just take the filter out and let the water pass trough the housing?
IMO, you can just take the filter out.

The down side to this method is the canister still fills with water. When you winterize you still need to drop it and empty it. I wound up spilling water everywhere any time I dropped that canister due to its location.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #25
Steve Jackson

True on spilling the water Herk, I just took it off yesterday to dump water out of it because of the freezing weather that came back here in Mass. and I spilled the water. It is in an awkward location. Also is there a forum started on here about Dual LP tanks? Have some questions and don't want to start another one if one is already started.
sideout1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

The down side to this method is the canister still fills with water. When you winterize you still need to drop it and empty it. I wound up spilling water everywhere any time I dropped that canister due to its location.
I discovered, quite by accident (and AFTER suffering several spills !!) that if I run my on-board 12V water pump for a few seconds before removing the water filter canister, that it will suck the water level in the canister down to a level where it can be removed without spills occuring. Of course, fresh water tank must already be empty and no city water connected. This is the way it works on my trailer, in any event.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #27

Does anybody know if the Crusader 290RLT has a water filter built in? If it does, I will check it out for freeze damage before I un-winterize it.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #28
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

The more I read this thread the more I am grateful that I brought a Sikverback 29rk. Our factory installed installed water filter is located in the water servicing/hook up compartment. It is a simple task to unscrew the cannister, drop it down a few inches and then remove it completely. Yes you may spill a little water when doing this, but our unit has a removeable cover installed over an opening that we use to pass the potable water hose though and any spilled water is simply swept though the opening. Besides, the floor of the compartment is water resistant/water proof which makes sense since it has water components located there.

Just my thoughts.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #29

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
90# water pressure----

We stayed at a KOA campground in Macon, Ga. about this time last year. I could not stop the fitting from leaking where the fresh water hose connects to the camper. Well about 2AM in the morning my DW woke me up saying I hear water running. I get up in my undies, go outside to investigate, found the fresh water hose had blown out of the fitting in the side of the 8285WS and was running against the tires.

I reconnected with a brand new hose, it leaked also. When it became daylight some of the workers were two spaces down from me working on the ele box. I ask how much water pressure did the park have, oh we have plenty from the city, it is around 95#. Goodness I said, no wounder my hose blew out during the night.

The first Camping world I came to, I purchased an adjustable water regulator, set it at 55#. I do not have that problem anymore. I have tried the none adjustable regulators, they reduce the pressure too much.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #30

Pressure Regulators....

For a water pressure regulator, I "splurged" and bought the N55B w/Gauge from RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV. It's rated at 6-9 GPM, so no "sponge bath" showers. To me, the peace of mind is worth the extra money. This is a home unit, modified for RV use. I install it at the spigot, and know that everything, including the hose, is protected.

I had a few of the in-line regulators from various manufacturers, but, after checking them with a pressure gauge, I found they were not even close to the rated pressures. (I sold them all for the Brass scrap value!)

I stole this pic from the RV Water Filter website...

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N55BG.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	11458  
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote