Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #1

Frog rally!

We just attended our first FROG(Forest River Owner Group Rally in Goshen, Indiana. What a GREAT time! Forest River and Primetime know how to treat you right!

I never heard a final count on attendance, but I believe 378 units, and over 800 people. They fed us well (and a lot) and had great entertainment. Highlight was the entertainment, Willie & Co which was great, and a great band the final night. But even better was having TECH people on site to do repairs, replacements, advice etc. My hat is off to the Primetime Team who visited us every day to see if what we needed done had been taken care of, not to mention they gave us Primetime Gifts almost every day! There were only 18 Prime Time units there, so we felt pretty special.

I don't know how many more units the grounds can handle, so we plan to sign up early next year and hopefully we can get the PrimeTime People together for a pot luck on the night or two that dinner isn't provided.

Susan & Bill
Sanibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It was an awesome time. Forest River, Lippert, and FROG all did an excellent job! I had heard that the fairgrounds bought 200 acres, surrounding the current 180 acres, for expansion. Sounds like the could be making room for more units
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
It was an awesome time. Forest River, Lippert, and FROG all did an excellent job! I had heard that the fairgrounds bought 200 acres, surrounding the current 180 acres, for expansion. Sounds like the could be making room for more units
LOL yes Lippert lightened our pockets!

FROG committee really ROCKED!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #4

What work or purchases were you having installed?
Old 08-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #5

We purchased the keyless entry, the Level Up Lite and JT Strongarm, probably could have had the strong arms installed if we'd purchased earlier in the week, but bought on the last day.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #6

I could not make it this year with my new Crusader... But am hoping I can keep the 3rd - 9th of August open for next year. I would love to go see where the 5vers are made. Have only had 2 problems with my Crusader so far. 1 is a dealer issue with my vinyl chair needing to be replaced. And after this last weekend camping trip the weld on the aluminum bracket under the table let go. I used some JB Weld and am waiting to see if it holds for my week long trip to the Adirondacks
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #7

Sounded like a super rally. Question: Did the FR techs do the work exclusively on warranty issues, or did they do out-of-warranty work, as well? Either way, it was a wonderful gesture and a great PR win for Forest River. I wanted to tell my friends about it, and I know they'll ask the warranty question.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Sounded like a super rally. Question: Did the FR techs do the work exclusively on warranty issues, or did they do out-of-warranty work, as well? Either way, it was a wonderful gesture and a great PR win for Forest River. I wanted to tell my friends about it, and I know they'll ask the warranty question.
Didn't matter if the rig was still in warranty or not, issues were fixed free of any charges. Here's a pic of a 2010 Salem being worked on by techs. He had enough work done that I teased him that he should have the VIN number changed to reflect his rig is now a 2014.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1669 - Copy.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	37700
I can't say enough good things about Forest River and their commitment to customer satisfaction.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Didn't matter if the rig was still in warranty or not, issues were fixed free of any charges. Here's a pic of a 2010 Salem being worked on by techs. He had enough work done that I teased him that he should have the VIN number changed to reflect his rig is now a 2014.
Attachment 37700
I can't say enough good things about Forest River and their commitment to customer satisfaction.
Wow! What a great service. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like it. Thanks for the quick answer. I'll be sure to tell my friends what type of company FR is. Amazing.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post

Wow! What a great service. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like it. Thanks for the quick answer. I'll be sure to tell my friends what type of company FR is. Amazing.
Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't it

Fr rocks!!
to bad the negative Nancy's can't see the light!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #11

I am already x-ing out the 3rd -9th for next year.... Hoping DW does not schedule anything else!!!! Told my brother who has a Sabre about this and sent him the article that was hyperlinked in another thread.. hopefully we can do a caravan down from Western NY!!!
Nights Camped 2013 - 54 (54 scheduled)
Nights Camped 2014 38
Old 08-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My fuel and rally fee was well worth the estimated $6k worth of free work that was done to my camper. The big thing being new axles tires and wheels, of which I didn't even request service on. The plant manager for Sierra didn't like the look of my springs and decided to replace the entire running gear! AMAZING! The factory even zip tied my rubber duck back on my new axles. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1319022851.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	37708  
Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #13

Quote:
My fuel and rally fee was well worth the estimated $6k worth of free work that was done to my camper. The big thing being new axles tires and wheels, of which I didn't even request service on. The plant manager for Sierra didn't like the look of my springs and decided to replace the entire running gear! AMAZING! The factory even zip tied my rubber duck back on my new axles. lol
I would have loved to have been at the factory when the techs found the ducky. I'll bet that had them scratching their heads.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #14

Quote:
They actually did new tires, axles and wheels on site for you? That is amazing. That would make it well worth the trip. I don't wish anything to go wrong with mine just would love to attend the rally.. But it is nice to know they are there to back their product.
Nights Camped 2013 - 54 (54 scheduled)
Nights Camped 2014 38
Old 08-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #15

As Turbo said they were fixing whatever they could and said safety issues first, but saw flooring, furniture being taken care of we had and still have our Dometic Refrigerator issue, but could not test it without taking a 2 hour tow. Trip home let us know it is not fixed. Mark from Dometic replaced seals and flap but said we may have to replace it. Primetime took very good care of us, just disappointed that the frige couldnt be fixed.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Old 08-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post

I would have loved to have been at the factory when the techs found the ducky. I'll bet that had them scratching their heads.
They were asking me about it, and I didn't have the slightest idea it was even there or what they were talking about until they showed me. Then I had to tell them the story, which we won't go into here. lol
Old 08-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

They were asking me about it, and I didn't have the slightest idea it was even there or what they were talking about until they showed me. Then I had to tell them the story, which we won't go into here. lol
No lets go into it !
Old 08-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #19

Quote:

WOW!!

That is just amazing!! My trailer is basically yours with the Primetime name on it.
Congrats Tim!!

I as well wanted 7K axles and it was going to cost $$$$. My dealer took the hit for that because of some other issues I had early on!

I will say between my dealer Steve Casey's Four Seasons and Primetime I would have to agree about the great service.

Thankfully my dealer is a fantastic representation of what a good dealer should be!!

After showing my wife all the fun you guys were having, she has said we can go next year!! Now I'm really excited!!
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post

WOW!!

That is just amazing!! My trailer is basically yours with the Primetime name on it.
Congrats Tim!!

I as well wanted 7K axles and it was going to cost $$$$. My dealer took the hit for that because of some other issues I had early on!

I will say between my dealer Steve Casey's Four Seasons and Primetime I would have to agree about the great service.

Thankfully my dealer is a fantastic representation of what a good dealer should be!!

After showing my wife all the fun you guys were having, she has said we can go next year!! Now I'm really excited!!
We had an amazing time !

Tags
frog