Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
Pump handle

Unhappy Front gray water tank not plumbed correctly

I bought a 2016 Crusader 334 CKT love the trailer but have had a couple minor issues. The worst was the night I came out and heard water dripping under my trailer I got a flash light and saw water coming from the bottom. I took the trailer back to the dealer and found out that they had installed the valve handle for the front grey water tank inside the under belly where you could not get to it and it had been closed. Once the tank filled up with the water from the bathroom and washer it burst. I am waiting now for the dealer to get Prime Time to send a new tank so I can get it fixed. The dealer did bypass the tank so I can live in it as I am a full time Rver this was important as they told me it might take several weeks to get the tank and ok from Prime Time. I am so far out a couple days work along with dragging the trailer accross Oklahoma and back to where I am staying and when the tank comes in I will miss more work and the fuel costs for dragging it back and forth again.
I really love the trailer very comfortable to stay in but really how does this sort of thing get by quality control? As a qualilty control manager myself I know what I would do if someone who worked for me let this simple thing slip by them.
jm812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
Pump handle

Been waiting now 2 weeks to hear back from my dealer about Prime Time accepting the claim and shipping the new gray water tank.
jm812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm812 View Post
Been waiting now 2 weeks to hear back from my dealer about Prime Time accepting the claim and shipping the new gray water tank.
You might want to call Prime Time yourself to follow up on the status.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Not to hang words off the ends of Platokidd's fingers, extra information beyond what he wrote MIGHT BE "don't count on your dealership to manage this situation with any scrap of efficiency." If they miss Prime Time warranty's call, Prime Time may not try again and your dealership may never raise the issue again. How would I know this?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post

X3 Unfortunately a majority of dealers are "slow" in contacting the manufacturers in the first place then, seem to have non-existent follow-up.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, tank, water, water tank