Old 01-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #11

If you're talking about McGeorges in Richmond, good luck! I'd recommend Dodd RV in Yorktown. We've had nothing but good luck with them when it came to mx issues.

Sorry to hear of your problems. We have a 2012 318BHS and have truly enjoyed it. You'll be out there before you know it!

Old 01-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Warranty contact info for FR:
https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/D...nformation.pdf

Go straight to the manufacturer. You've given the dealer plenty of chances.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #13

Gary,

I have the same unit. In the first season, I had a. Bulge in the side of the unit, turned out to be a frame issue.
Contact prime time directly when I did. The owner contacted me directly they made arrangements , through my dealer, to pick up my camper in the off season. Not only did they fixe the frame issue, they went through everything at the factory and fixed any little thing top to bottom. Had it back to me in 2 months. Shane, in there service department contacted me several times since for follow up. While. I can understand your frustration, prime time service has been great with me dealing with them directly..

I have done a few mods, and gotten parts directly from them as well. They truly have been great. Sounds like you might have some issues with your dealer..

Good luck , Jeff and his team I'm sure will take care of you once you let them know everything.

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #14

Thanks for the reply ... I'm talking to Primetime today, waiting for a call back. The first person I spoke to was Roger and he is appalled. They don't even have a record of the dealership reporting the issue.

My husband thinks ours is a frame issue, also ... they had to adjust the slide out, and the delamination is on the slide out, so he thinks they may have tweaked the frame when they adjusted the slide out.

I think our dealership has been lying to us and covering up something.
We're not happy campers right now.

Hopefully I'll have some info from Primetime today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Gary,

I have the same unit. In the first season, I had a. Bulge in the side of the unit, turned out to be a frame issue.
Contact prime time directly when I did. The owner contacted me directly they made arrangements , through my dealer, to pick up my camper in the off season. Not only did they fixe the frame issue, they went through everything at the factory and fixed any little thing top to bottom. Had it back to me in 2 months. Shane, in there service department contacted me several times since for follow up. While. I can understand your frustration, prime time service has been great with me dealing with them directly..

I have done a few mods, and gotten parts directly from them as well. They truly have been great. Sounds like you might have some issues with your dealer..

Good luck , Jeff and his team I'm sure will take care of you once you let them know everything.

GaryOverfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Gary,

How did the frame give you bulge? Bent frame?

Im curious.. How did the frame effect your bulge?
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:18 AM   #16

sounds like your dealer is making an already crappy situation and taking it to a WHOLE new level...

I would be looking to get out of there before they half ass fix something and just make it worse...

and prime time has always been exceptional with any issues we have had..even sent me parts so I can do my own work and not mess with dealer.....good as new!
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #17

My frame was loosing camber, since it was flattening out apparently it tweaked the aluminum frame area towards the top of my unit near the too of my rear slide. That caused the bulge I notice.

It's all fixed now been 2 years and not a trace there was even an issue. Prime time brought in the frame engineers and really did a top notch job fixing it.

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #18

Keep a good record of everything that is happening in case you need to hire a lawyer or report this dealership to the state's Attorney General. You should be compensated for all your troubles in my opinion.

Frank
Old 02-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #19

ouch..I feel for you. Went to Mcgeorge a couple weeks ago to look at units (I am guessing that is where you got it from?) and the attitude there did not make me want to spend my money there. I hope they get it taken care of for you
Old 02-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #20

Sorry for the delay getting back here, but it's been busy around these parts.

The story has a happy ending.
After discussions with Primetime and the dealership, magically the repairs were finished and the trailer was ready to pick up on Friday !!! My husband drove the 2 hour drive there to find that not only was the bulging still there, it was even WORSE than when he dropped it off.

He didn't even enter the dealership, but called Primetime from his cellphone standing outside next to the trailer. Needless to say, he was livid ... to put it nicely. Primetime called the dealership to discuss what was going on.

A series of events occurred over the next 12 hours that included our original salesperson at the dealership stepping in to make this right for us. He took all our information, our entire file including our service file to the RV show in Richmond, Virginia and talked to his regional Primetime rep and eventually to the President of Primetime.

In the next few weeks, we'll be taking delivery of a 2014 318BHS, with an upgrade to a Touring Edition (a couple more whistles and bells than our old one) ... with Primetime taking care of any financial impact on us for the difference in trade-in vs. original price vs. cost of new trailer. We'll pay a couple thousand out of pocket, mostly for taxes and such and a few things we want as improvements.

Primetime has really stepped up on this one, and we are happy with the way they treated us.

We are pleased with how our original sales person stepped up and got involved to make sure we were happy, and has talked to my husband several times, explaining everything he was doing.

Now ... the service department at the dealership? We're still not confident in their ability to do much of anything at all.

The dealership in question is McGeorge ... our sales rep is a young man named Bo.
We've been working with him from our second RV show we attended while deciding what TT we wanted to buy ... we're happy with him and what he's done for us in the past 2 years of working with him. McGeorge in general? Not so pleased.

We are more than pleased with how quickly Primetime got involved and acted.

Now, all we need is for spring to arrive so we can get out and get on the road!

GaryOverfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
318bhs, lacrosse