Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2014, 01:17 AM   #21

this is great to hear.....and honestly as a prime owner, i would expect no less from their end of customer service...

this just goes to show how regardless of how well or NOT well a trailer is made, end customer satisfaction comes down to the dealer.....if they could/would just FIX things like they are supposed to, have good communication, and just generally treat people with some respect, then i bet many, many , MANY of the issues we end up soap boxing on these forums would never even happen......

im not talking about how the manufacturer could do better, im talking DEALER....the one you puts the keys in your hands and EXCLAIMS how they are there for you whatever you need.....

congrats on the touring package, its great!!

hope you enjoy the new trailer!!

Jeremy
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #22

Glad to hear you have a happy ending, and a new beginning! I would like to see more involvement from regulators to align the RV Industry with the Automotive in terms of warranty transfer, lemon law, and others. As yours has turned out good, many are still dealing with issues that many never be rectified. Many in their golden years that just want value for their hard earned money spent on a dream of traveling across this great country of our!

Frank
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #23

Glad to hear things worked out for you.
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

When we bought our LaCrosse a few years ago and we were pretty green about PDI's. The dealer told us after walking thru it that if find anything else make a list and come back. We did have a short list and they fixed the frig door handle and tried to fix the keyless door opener. But a deep scratch in the dining table and chunk out of bathroom door the dealer said no. "This could have happened after we took delivery".
Just happened that Primetime was having an open house at the dealer that weekend. The Primetime rep was there and asked us how we liked the LaCrosse. WRONG question to DW! She took him out to the TT and show him the issues. On the spot, he told the dealer service rep to order 2 new doors and a new table top and he signed the work order.
Ever since we've had a good feeling about Primetime. Somethings after need attention and they came thru again. So go to the dealer first but then go to Primetime if the dealer doesn't come thru.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
When we bought our LaCrosse a few years ago and we were pretty green about PDI's. The dealer told us after walking thru it that if find anything else make a list and come back. We did have a short list and they fixed the frig door handle and tried to fix the keyless door opener. But a deep scratch in the dining table and chunk out of bathroom door the dealer said no. "This could have happened after we took delivery".
Just happened that Primetime was having an open house at the dealer that weekend. The Primetime rep was there and asked us how we liked the LaCrosse. WRONG question to DW! She took him out to the TT and show him the issues. On the spot, he told the dealer service rep to order 2 new doors and a new table top and he signed the work order.
Ever since we've had a good feeling about Primetime. Somethings after need attention and they came thru again. So go to the dealer first but then go to Primetime if the dealer doesn't come thru.

see the dealer strikes again....funny you mention the table and door, because when i got home 600 miles from dealer, i noticed a crack in the edge of the table.......email dealer, dealer has prime send me new tabletop to my doorstep...and not just the top a WHOLE table...new everything.....just sent him pics an he says sorry and well take care of ya.....

later a large scratch developed on slide door to room because of staple not being fully set....email dealer, dealer has prime send me a whole new door and hardware (obviously i fixed staple and added felt along the whole side of wall where door opens).....all i had to do was send pics of issue and he says sorry and well take care of ya.....

something needs to be done about these DEALERS.....i applaud prime for sticking up for us, and again i dont want to delve into an argument that the trailers should be built better or whatever....my dealer has been fantastic at every turn....from the deal i got, to the customer service i have got, to the warranty followup ......and i have sent several friends there and they have ALL been more than impressed.....

the techs at my dealer had obviously gone through my unit and fixed/tested/adjusted the trailer to make sure that it was worthy of selling and putting thier name behind....i found little things like hinge screws had been replaced with larger ones and they even had a ladder all set up so i could check the roof....a VERY thorough pdi will catch all but the most structural failures or equipment failures later...

but anyway, im glad i have a prime unit and if i dont keep it when i get the toy hauler next year someone is going to get an AWESOME unit with every mod an owner could want.....

out of all these FR products i see prime as one the best as far as standing behind what the do and what they make..cudos

and where the heck has RVGUY been.....it always seemed no matter what the issue or problem he was front and center in the line of fire trying to do right....?
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #26

It certainly sounds like PT takes care of their customers. Something that is refreshing to say the least!
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

When I was at the Goshen rally, Primetime was at my door everyday bringing gifts and asking if they could fix anything. I even had a piece of trim on my slide that got caught and ripped off on my way to the rally. Instead of re-nailing it and touching it up, they when back to the plant and replaced it with a new piece.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #28

Happy to hear it is all working out for you. Once again I see that Prime Time stands up and makes it right. It's too bad you had to go to the lengths that you did but in the end you'll hopefully have a rig that last for years to come.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #29

Yep. Another great PT success story. They have been nothing but awesome to me and my dealers tech as well. When you get both working for you it really becomes a great experience. I've owned another brand where both the manufacturer and dealer were terrible so I know great service when I see it.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #30

If anyone is interested in coming down and helping us transfer all our stuff from the old trailer into the new trailer ... in February ... volunteers? Anyone?

When we go for delivery, we will go over it with a fine-toothed comb.
This was our first trailer purchase. We'd been tent campers, then we had a pop-up. Bought a tiny used trailer that hubby re-habbed, and traded it on our first big purchase. We are raising a grandson, so our serious camping years have been extended into our 60s, and Grandma here needs her comforts.

At least this time we have a clue.

Anyone have a walk-through checklist they'd like to share with us?

GaryOverfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #31

Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist

Here is a link to a PDI checklist.

We've transferred our stuff from our rigs twice in Feb. Luckily in both cases our dealer allowed us to use their heated bays.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:56 PM   #32

Glad to hear prime time stepped in for ya and made it right. They did by me as well, they are a stand up company.

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #33

We did our "swap" over Valentine's weekend, and then I got knocked down with the stomach virus. Phew.

Things went smoothly. There were some significant storage changes between the 2013 and 2014 ... the new one is the Touring Edition. The linen closet is bigger (yay). We lost an open area over the fridge, but got a bigger fridge. Just some little things, but it will work out. Got some of the "upgrades" we had made transferred over or re-done.

Now we wait for the weather to cooperate so we can get on the road!

Old 02-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryOverfield View Post
We did our "swap" over Valentine's weekend, and then I got knocked down with the stomach virus. Phew.

Things went smoothly. There were some significant storage changes between the 2013 and 2014 ... the new one is the Touring Edition. The linen closet is bigger (yay). We lost an open area over the fridge, but got a bigger fridge. Just some little things, but it will work out. Got some of the "upgrades" we had made transferred over or re-done.

Now we wait for the weather to cooperate so we can get on the road!
happy endings are the best kind!!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #35

What is the disposition of the trailer in this thread?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #36

Primetime took care of us. They upgraded us to a 2014. Basically an even trade.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #37
Site Team

outstanding!!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #38
2014 327 Lacrosse

So glad that Prime Time stepped up and did what they should. Good to hear and see this kind of customer dedication.
Pipers Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #39

There's a more detailed explanation of "how it happened" further up the thread ...

Tags
318bhs, lacrosse