Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Full Time living in a Crusader or a Sanibel

Greetings All,

My husband and I recently accepted jobs in the West Texas Oil Field area. It seems the oil boom in this area has housing extremely difficult to come by. We have family that has land out in the country and has offered to let us move an RV and park it for free on their property (they already have the connections set up so we are good to go that way). We figured this would be perfect for us, because we are pretty simple people and we really don't have that much stuff. We would really like to the get the Sanibel 3400 for a lot of the features that they offer but we may end up with the Crusader 320RLT depending on financing and a few other things.

Anyways, the floorplan for both seems to be very spacious and much like a small apartment. Anyone here living full time in one of these fifth wheels? Any suggestions on things to make sure that we get to make the whole process go smoother? All comments are appreciated.

barretts87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Bought a new Crusader 330MKS 2 weeks ago, The owners manual was very specific about it NOT being a full time rig. If you need warranty and it appeared to be used as a full time rig, that could be an issue.

That being said, the 2007 HR Savoy I traded in had 40,000 miles and over 250 nights was almost as good a condition when I traded as when I bought it new. I was about to replace the original carpet with Allure. I am a fanatic on taking care of things.

Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
I would like to see how they would turn down warranty, because you used the product for what it is intended for... RV Guy could you jump in here and fill us in on how your product is not intended to be stayed in full time.. What is the cut off, is there a certain number of nights if I sleep in it my warranty gets voided? lol

2011 Cursader 298 BHD
2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Power Stroke
B&W Companion Hitch
Days Reserved for 2012: 39
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou
"Full time" in a camper is a slippery category.

"Seasonal" is covered. "Full Time" is not.

Just live in it "seasonally" and all warranties should remain intact.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Me, my husband, 2 year old, and 2 dogs have been full timing in our 2012 Crusader 325RES for about a month now. So far, we love it! The couch cushions do seem like they're wearing fast though. We figure it's because it's not intended to be used full timing. We're going to try to have them replaced under the warranty. If they won't cover it, then we'll just buy a residential couch to put in it.

Jay & Jill
Kyla (6yr old grandaughter)
Sam (13yr old Lab) Khloe (5yr old Shorkie)
2012 Crusader 325RES
2009 F350
JayandJill is offline   Reply With Quote

crusader, full timers, sanibel