Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #1

Furnace issuses AGAIN

Ok have it figured out that switching regulator between tanks is bad. When I use left side furnace barely puts off heat but when I switch to rt side blows hot. I guess I'll add to warranty list when I drop off RV this week.
Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Just for fun, might want to swap the rubber lines from tank to regulator, (pigtail), and see if that is it. If it is, don't tell the dealer, and see what they find. Make sure you mark the lines on the connector with a sharpie, so you will know if he changed them. Just for sure, swap bottles side to side also, and mark them.

Sorry, I love working on campers and testing other dealer's service tech's......
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

For a little further explanation. I assume the regulator is good, since your furnace works on one tank, but not the other. From the regulator backwards, you have a rubber pug tail, going to each tank. You also have the tanks themselves. All of these must flow propane. I was asking you to switch a few items, and see if it is one of them, and not the regulator. Also mentioned don't tell the dealer, and see what they find wrong.

The rubber pig tails have check valves in them, and the tank has a valve, either of which could be bad. By swapping sides with each, you might find your problem.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote