Old 08-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #1

Furnace not working

Hello everyone,

Just recently bought a Crusader lite 34 MB and when I did the PDI we didn't check the furnace probably cause it was near 100 degrees that day. Well now I've taken the 5th wheel out a couple of times and it got chilly at night in the high country of Colorado. And when I set the thermostat to activate the heater I get some clicking in the ac unit but that's all. I have noticed a burnt fuse in fuse box but when I put new one in it just powers the CO2 sensor. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks,

Jtoyo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #2

Stupid question, gas turned on. On my crusader there is a switch on the furnace ( had to take the wooden grill off to access) seem when I had it opened I decided to vacuum the area , must have hit the switch, as the same happened to me, got cold, but furnace would come on till I opened it up again and flipped the switch.

2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2013 PT Crusader 295RST TE
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtoyo007 View Post
Hello everyone,

Just recently bought a Crusader lite 34 MB and when I did the PDI we didn't check the furnace probably cause it was near 100 degrees that day. Well now I've taken the 5th wheel out a couple of times and it got chilly at night in the high country of Colorado. And when I set the thermostat to activate the heater I get some clicking in the ac unit but that's all. I have noticed a burnt fuse in fuse box but when I put new one in it just powers the CO2 sensor. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks,
Unless something has changed, the heater should be on Zone 1 if you have multiple zones.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses
1. I did turn on and off and back on the furnace switch and gas was on
2. I only have one zone on my thermostat
Jtoyo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #5

Furnace not working

I just bought a Tracer in April and had never needed the heater until last week. Turns out the port was corroded and had to be cleaned. They think it was from condensation when it was in storage before being brought to the dealer last spring. That tells me they probably never tested it before we bought it. Since weather was warm and all.
nsoleo113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:10 PM   #6

I am dealing with the same issue with my 2016 Lacrosse 318BHS, the control board is showing a lockout fault and I think I traced it back to a bad igniter/flame sensor - fingers crossed
fireman2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:08 PM   #7

Turns out the port on our furnace was corroded. Dealer cleaned it out and working great now. Mustíve been from when it was just sitting around the dealers storage area during the late winter months.
nsoleo113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:16 PM   #8
Site Team

This fall while camping in cold weather we ran the furnace all day. Left camp and went out for a few hours. It was in the 30's when we got back to camp and none of the propane items worked.

Good thing we had the fireplace.
Next day in the morning the hwh and furnace came on.
My thinking here is after using the propane, shutting things off and after we left the propane line or regulator froze up. Next day it thawed out and worked.

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace