Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #1

Furnace operation on a tracer 2800rld

Hello folks. Camping this weekend we used our furnace for the first time. I think it may not be operating correctly. When you put the thermostat on the desired temperature, the fan 1st kicks on, and then shortly later you hear the furnace start. Air blows from the registers in the floor, but also the big air vent in the ceiling which I believe this is the air conditioner. This vent I believe is part of the air conditioner. Is this correct, should it vent fron the ceiling vent? Also when the heat is on, you hear the furnace kick off when the proper temp is reached, but the fan does NOT kick off. The fan never turns off, it runs as long as the thermostat is set to furnace. Should not the fan stop? On our old camper it did. Also the thermostat is very basic. It is digital but can it be replaced with a better one like you would use at home, our do you have to buy one made just for a camper? Thanks for any help. Bob
Old 04-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by qepv25a View Post
Hello folks. Camping this weekend we used our furnace for the first time. I think it may not be operating correctly. When you put the thermostat on the desired temperature, the fan 1st kicks on, and then shortly later you hear the furnace start. Air blows from the registers in the floor, but also the big air vent in the ceiling which I believe this is the air conditioner. This vent I believe is part of the air conditioner. Is this correct, should it vent fron the ceiling vent? Also when the heat is on, you hear the furnace kick off when the proper temp is reached, but the fan does NOT kick off. The fan never turns off, it runs as long as the thermostat is set to furnace. Should not the fan stop? On our old camper it did. Also the thermostat is very basic. It is digital but can it be replaced with a better one like you would use at home, our do you have to buy one made just for a camper? Thanks for any help. Bob
Is the "fan" set to "ON"?
I think there might be an "auto" setting.
In our Flagstaff we have a manual thermostat so I will be of little help.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Sounds like the thermostat may be wired incorrectly or maybe two wires are touching that shouldn't be. Would check that first. What kind of thermostat is it? Picture of thermostat & wires would be helpful.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Jack of All Trades

Check out this thread!

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tat-11480.html
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #5

Use the On/Off Mode button to select FAN. Then use the +/- button to select either Hi, Lo or Auto. When using the AC and the fan is in the Hi or Lo setting it will run continuously while the compressor will cycle on and off. In the Auto mode the fan will cycle on and off as well.

If the fan is set on Hi or Lo while using the furnace, the AC fan will run continuously, so be sure to set the fan on Auto when using the furnace. You can, however, leave the AC fan running while using the furnace to help with condensation problems.

After setting the fan, Use the On/Off Mode button to select COOL for AC use. Use the +/- button to select the thermostat temperature setting. Use the same procedures for the furnace.

When using the AC, in the Auto mode the fan will run on high when the room temperature is 5º or higher than the thermostat setting. When the room temperature drops to within 4º or less than the thermostat setting, the fan will stop for a few seconds the start again in the Lo mode.

Hope this helps.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #6

Yes...need to set the fan to auto and close the vent in the ceiling unit
Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #7

I solved the problem of the ac fan blowing when the heat on. The dometic lcd thermostat must be set on AU, not hi or lo. If on hi or lo the ac fan will run when the heat is on. Thanks Bob
Old 10-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #8

It works...Set the fan to auto and problem solved. Much appreciated everyone. Seemed counterproductive to have the furnace and the fan running at the same time.
bobaronson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags