Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2016, 07:18 PM   #1

Furnace won't turn on

2016 Crusader 370bhq

Have zone 1 of dual control on furn. Fan on auto. Furnace does nothing. No fan no pilot. Have plenty of propane. I have 12vdc at the furnace. However I could not get any voltage from the thermostat wires. I had ano issue in unit 1 comm wire with corrosion. I fixed that back earlier in the summer.

Does this wiring run thru the loom into the ac units? Or is there something I am missing? Breakers and fuses are all good.

Thanks
Rude520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:40 AM   #2

You furnace does not have a pilot light it should be direct spark ignition. You sound like you are handy with testing you may want to take the stat out of the loop and just test the furnace by itself. That will tell you if its the furnace or the stat or something in between
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

Ok thanks. I never thought to take it out of the equation. I does nothing so it almost makes me believe it's not communicating when the stat calls for heat. If this does run into the ac on top I'm wondering if I have more corrosion. I may climb up there and check once I get off work.

Thanks again.
Rude520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #4

See page 27

http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Suburban_Service_Manual.pdf

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #5

Thermostat reset

This is going to make me sound nuts, but had a power surge in our motorhome due to running generator up at high altitude and powering too much stuff. Next thing you know when turning on the propane furnace, our heat strip in the AC system came on and the AC blower came on. Finally pulled 12 vdc fuse that powered the thermostat system and everything is back normal again.
texasbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace