Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #1

Furniture in the Crusader 320RLT

I am just curious...want to get some feedback on the sleeper sofa and two rockers these Crusader comes with....what do you think? Do you like it? Seems like the couch is really uncomfortable. Thinking about changing out but don't want to get something too heavy because it has to be a sleeper, or maybe I will just buy a regular loveseat and get a aerobed for company. Just wondering what everyone else thinks and what they have done.
gratefulone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulone81 View Post
I am just curious...want to get some feedback on the sleeper sofa and two rockers these Crusader comes with....what do you think? Do you like it? Seems like the couch is really uncomfortable. Thinking about changing out but don't want to get something too heavy because it has to be a sleeper, or maybe I will just buy a regular loveseat and get a aerobed for company. Just wondering what everyone else thinks and what they have done. Yes please only Crusader people comments thankyou!
We (Welcome You) to the (Forest River Fourms) sorry if your offened by a greeting by a (Flagstaff) member! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #3

Red face

No I was not offended by anyone...as a matter of fact I edited the thread.
gratefulone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #4

I thought the crusader loveseat was uncomfortable too. If you pull the rear 2 cushions off you'll see 2 zippers per cushion. I pulled the thinner (back) pad out leaving the thicker pillow pad in. Made a huge improvement.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulone81
I am just curious...want to get some feedback on the sleeper sofa and two rockers these Crusader comes with....what do you think? Do you like it? Seems like the couch is really uncomfortable. Thinking about changing out but don't want to get something too heavy because it has to be a sleeper, or maybe I will just buy a regular loveseat and get a aerobed for company. Just wondering what everyone else thinks and what they have done.
I changed the sofa for a lazyboy reclining loveseat and just use the sofa mattress on the floor when the grandkids come along. Alot more comfortable, but make sure you get the wall hugger model. The backs come off of the lazyboy so it makes it pretty easy to get in.
KAB449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #6

We also have the 320 (and if I ever figure out how to download the photos,I'll show you) and decided the chairs were sorry. Fitting something in when the unit was closed was the real challenge. We got two swivel,recliner rockers from a furniture store here in MD. called Haverty's, and they may well be in some other states as well.The back can be removed for getting into tight fitting spots.I believe they are called Sydney swivel rockers? Anyway smallish in size but very comfortable. We are ok with the sofa especially since it will be mainly used for sleeping for the grandkids

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #7

Thanks for the tip about the cushions on the sofa. I didn't even know the zippers were there. Much more comfortable.

We are not pleased with the armchairs. We have only had our 290 a few weeks and the covers are stretched and puckering. Not pleased at all.
portliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #8

No problem. Don't know if the 290 has the same chairs as the 320 or not but we haven't had issues with them. Since they don't recline we picked up a couple round ottoman's from Wally world. I'd like to upgrade but ours are fairly comfortable for us and anything bigger would be a hassle to stow when the slides are in unless they could be taken apart like was mentioned earlier.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #9

Didn't know about the cushions in the loveseat either will have to check that out.As for the chairs......they stink.....I'm over 6 ft so the chairs make the back of my thighs hurt.....being cheap we use laundry baskets to haul stuff to and fro when we load and unload the trailer.....turn em upside down and they make a great ottoman.....store em under the bed when we store em.
imabmwnut is offline   Reply With Quote