Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #1

FYI, water leak fix

For those who haven't already figured this out, I thought I'd share my fix for the city water leaky hose connection on my Sanibel 3500. When I first purchased the trailer the connection was water tight with no leaks. Over the past year or so I developed a leak behind the female connector on the trailer that you hook up your fresh water hose to while filling the tank or using the campground water. It started as a slow leak and developed to the point that it was really spraying enough water around that it even got into the storage compartment and soaked the carpet in there. There is an "O" ring behind the female fitting to help seal the water out but if the fitting becomes loose, you will still leak water from behind the fitting.

Anyway, if you remove the typical rubber hose washer from inside the female fitting and shine a lite into the fitting you will see what looks like a hexagon fitting. Over time this fitting on my trailer had slowly come loose, resulting in the leak. Take a very large allen wrench or a large bladed screwdriver, insert it into the fitting and tighten the fitting (clockwise) as tight as you can get it. Replace the rubber hose washer with one that completely fills up the outside edges of female fitting and you should be good to go.
usraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:25 PM   #2

Thanks for the tip.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #3

Good to know. thanks.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak