Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #1

General plumbing/holding tank question

So this is my first fifth wheel. I was under the impression that I had three tanks. A 60 gallon freshwater a 35-gallon black water and a 70 gallon grey water. I also thought I only had one valve for the grey water tank which is a whole nother story. So I ended up finding out with you guys already know which is that there are two grey water valves. One in the basement area of the fifth wheel and one underneath. I know one is for the sink and one is for the bathroom. My question is do I actually have to separate grey water tanks and if so how big are each of them? Just curious and trying to figure out how all the plumbing goes
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:53 PM   #2

My Crusader hss 4 tanks
Fresh water
Black tank
Grey (Bathroom grey)
Galley Grey (Kitchen grey)
The greys are probaly 35 gallons each.
I thought the same thing. It took me awhile to figure out. My level meters were also not reading the correct tanks.
mrdegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #3

We have 2 gray tanks and 1 black tank in our 297rsk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forest River Forums mobile app
DwarfDogWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ERSTEVE View Post
So this is my first fifth wheel. I was under the impression that I had three tanks. A 60 gallon freshwater a 35-gallon black water and a 70 gallon grey water. I also thought I only had one valve for the grey water tank which is a whole nother story. So I ended up finding out with you guys already know which is that there are two grey water valves. One in the basement area of the fifth wheel and one underneath. I know one is for the sink and one is for the bathroom. My question is do I actually have to separate grey water tanks and if so how big are each of them? Just curious and trying to figure out how all the plumbing goes
It would help if you posted year and model you have, because it's not listed in your profile.
That way, those that own the same model, could be better sources.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #5

Oops my bad. It's 2016 297rsk
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #6

Yes 2 separate gray tanks. Our 297rsk is also a 2016 model. Black tank is 35 gallons and each gray is 35 gallons. I called Primetime for clarification because we never had to dump the kitchen gray when we first got our camper. This was because the valve was left open when the rv was delivered to us. That is also how we found out where the 2nd valve was located.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forest River Forums mobile app
DwarfDogWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #7

My Wicked Kitty has 4 tanks. The 2 gray tanks can be hooked together for equalizing storage.
Portagie1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portagie1968 View Post
My Wicked Kitty has 4 tanks. The 2 gray tanks can be hooked together for equalizing storage.
I did that with my TT. However, I can't do that with my 315RST, since they are at different levels. The grey tank is lower than the galley tank.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #9

I tried that with our 2016 297rsk
The problem i found was the galley tank is at a higher elevation than the grey.
I wanted yo lower the level in the shower grey tank and just opening both grey valves didn't equalize. We can go from the kitchen grey to the bathroom grey but not from the bathroom grey to the kitchen grey (which is what i wanted to do. We fill the bathroom grey way way faster than the kitchen grey due to showers.)
mrdegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #10

If your trailer was plumbed for a washer/dryer, you will have two gray tanks, the one in the rear for the bathroom sink and the washer. Mine is 60 gal.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #11

Yep I found out asking questions here. Dealer wanted me to bring it in possible collapsed drain really?
RG03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, tank