Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If its a Wfco converter the fan prolly took a crap and converter is over heating allowing the converter to overheat and shutting down. When it cools it the comes back on then overheats again. Hence the lights going bright for awhile then dim again. If you have to replace unit do not reinstall a Wfco brand . Use a progressive dynamics . It's a much better unit. IMO
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #22
Don't call me Junior!!!

I have confirmed it really is a ghost in the TT. I had everything buttoned down, shut off, etc.. Came home and emptied out a few bags of trash, then did a final walk through to ensure everything was shut down and stowed and secure as I am dropping it off at the a dealer tommorow. I went back to resupply a couple of items and the stereo was playing loudly, not just any music either, it sounded like a fiesta in there, I think maybe we have a Mexican ghost... There is no way I could have turned it on by accident, the stereo is behind the closed slide, luckily I was able to reach the remote in its storage spot and turn it off without opening the slide. Things that make ya go hmmmm.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #23
Don't call me Junior!!!

The ghost has been found. Converter is defective. As usual, PT customer service = Outstanding . it will be replaced in time for our trip to the Grand Canyon. Thanks all for your help with my failed dewinterizing, and advice on the electrial problems!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Are they replacing it with the same unit?
Id pay to up grade the effort unit to something better imo.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery