Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2016, 09:16 AM   #1
Wanna Be Camper

Going to look at a 29RL and a 295RST Today

Getting the bug to get something different and the basic floor plan these have caught our eye a few years ago in a Flagstaff. So long story short we went looking for the Flagstaff or Rockwood and found the dealers here including our dealer we bought our last unit from seem to have stopped selling Flagstaff / Rockwood. Looking online I found these 2 and another the 294 but no one in Saskatchewan has a 294 so we are taking a road trip today to look at these bad boys. Anything we should be looking for on these units?

Going to be a great day with DW. Sunshine, road trip and RV's doesn't get much better.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:02 PM   #2

Going to look at a 29RL and a 295RST Today

My 295 rst has been mostly very good. Did have some tearing of the woven fabric under kitchen slide and front cap became faded oxidation. Prime time fixed both under warranty better than new. The one thing I would change is I'd have the kitchen slide and dining slide reversed so we are looking at our patio and not neighbors

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 04-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

Thanks,

We had a real good go through of both with the owner of the dealership. The 29RL is out because the bedroom is way too small. We were very impressed with the 295 as they have it optioned out very nice including 16" wheels and LR E tires. It is nice to that it has a regular queen bed . He was very knowledgeable and we had a real good discussion on trucks as well. So we have started the first phase negotiations to see what they will do on a trade in of our VLite so we know if the loan would be upside down or not as I told him that would be a deal breaker right off the go. We will know Monday if we are going to proceed down this road.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #4

Sounds like it is the touring edition which is a great package. Overall the crusader was the best value considering all the options. I'm sure there are better built units but none came close in price, weight, and options. The other brand I like is grand design reflection. Heavier and more $$ but a better finished unit.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a

Tags