Old 02-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
Somewhat right of center

Good and Bad

I don't spend a lot of time on this forum but when I do it's usually for advice, suggestions and ideas (from you fine people) on my camper issues. I made it clear that I wasn't happy about some of the problems with my Crusader. My dealership has been great so far. Some problems I can understand, loose screws, door latches that don't latch...small stuff due to movement and the wood panel that fell out of the fridge. I can fix that stuff myself. Then comes the slide out that got scratched on the outside bottom into the wood was due to a screw head that worked itself loose where I couldn't get to. Then finding a lump under the rubber roof of the slide out which turned out to be debris that weren't cleaned off the roof before the roof was laid. Then the warped DR table and now the fading nose cap. Thank God I have a proactive dealership who hasn't let me down. Unfortunately since I've only had it for 22 months I'm getting a little paranoid as to what I'm in for down the road. Some of the issues had me saying to myself, Are you effing kidding me? We'll see but paying over 30 grand...... no one should be having this many issues. Other than that, I love the thing and I hope the worst is over but considering the past the odds don't look good. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #2

I agree, although this seems to be all too common. Buying a new RV is a disappointing experience from this stand point. For this kind of money one would expect everything to work perfectly from day one, but this is apparently not reality.
Makes me wonder if there are any real advantages to buying new as opposed to one or two years old.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
I agree, although this seems to be all too common. Buying a new RV is a disappointing experience from this stand point. For this kind of money one would expect everything to work perfectly from day one, but this is apparently not reality.
Makes me wonder if there are any real advantages to buying new as opposed to one or two years old.
I think the disappointing process of buying a new unit and then working through all of the bugs (having the trailer at the dealer for months) decreases the customer base. There is a pretty steep learning curve with RVs. If you aren't a DIY person, mechanically inclined, a truck guy, etc, getting into the RV world is not easy.

It was quite the process for me and I'm just in my first year.