Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #1

Grand U-Dinette window leaking and floor is spongy

To all you seasoned TT owners, I'm looking for your advice. I bought a new Tracer TT last month, my first and hopefully last TT that I will ever buy, and the large dinette picture window is leaking like an Olympic Marathon runner at mile 22, it's bad. There is water stains on the inside of the dinette frame and sides. But what troubles me the most is the floor is very spongy from the main door to the bath. I sink into the floor approximately 3/8 to 1/2 an inch. I'm afraid to walk on it fearing I might fall through. I did a lot of research on the Tracer and was impressed with the quality and the amenities that came with the trailer. I had read that "Eternabond" was a strong and lightweight material that virtually eliminates the flex commonly found in RV floor construction. I already lost Memorial Day weekend and fear it will take them all summer to fix it if they can. I don't want some patch job, I want it the way it came from the factory. I guess I bought the last one built on Friday at 5 o'clock and the crews were ready to get home.
Help
gimp425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #2

I forgot to mention that I've taken to the dealer and they're working the issues, I just hate not having my new trailer to use.
gimp425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimp425 View Post
I forgot to mention that I've taken to the dealer and they're working the issues, I just hate not having my new trailer to use.
That's the first step you needed to make, however, it sounds like this problem has been there for awhile. I'm surprised that your dealer didn't notice it before. Hopefully he will get you fixed up, but I wouldn't put my complete trust in him.

Use PT's contact page from their web site;
Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
Let them know everything that's going on. If you haven't taken pics of the damage yet, you need to. Documentation is very important.

PT has been very good at helping their customers. It sounds like it will need to go back to factory for repair anyway.

Good luck and keep us updated.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #4

Same problem

Quote:
i forgot to mention that i've taken to the dealer and they're working the issues, i just hate not having my new trailer to use.
we just purchased the 2700res and first trip out all windows in the dining room leak severely.so bad that i have pics and video of the water..the front door window also leaks...took it back to dealer and dealer says they ran pressure test and all windows,front and rear cap also leak...they say all they can do is patch it....i haven't even paid the first note and i already want my money back...i purchased this brand new ( 2013 ) that was supposed to be leak free and it's everything but that...any and all suggestions appreciated!!! Ohhh,i also contacted the manufacturer only to be told it would be turned over to the warranty dept. And it may be 2-3 weeks before they get back to me.
LEWIS9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #5

Quote:
... I had read that "Eternabond" was a strong and lightweight material that virtually eliminates the flex commonly found in RV floor construction.
I have never heard of Eternabond being used for this application. Eternabond is an adhesive tape often used to more permanently seal areas on the roof that are prone to leak. Are you sure its Eternabond?

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS

BradinOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #6

Seak A Leak

Did PT stop their "seak a leak" rain bay testing? If they did not, and if I were RV Guy, I would like the initials of the person that signed off on these units. Does not sound like they could have run these units through the rain bay and then looked inside the unit with a black light to find leaks.....A two to three week waiting period for customer service is not the service I am familiar with.....although I have heard from numerous people that there have been changes in customer service since Brandon York was promoted. I have been a huge proponent of Prime Time over the last couple of years. I hope your issues are addressed promptly and appropriately. Keep us informed....
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
OP-Do you have an update?

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote