Old 08-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #1

Gray tank leak

When we got our Tracer 3000BHS in July 2010. It was one that had the kitchen plumbed to the gray tank and everything in the bathroom was to the black tank. The dealer worked with PT and they added a gray tank plumbed in parallel to the existing gray tank. When we went out earlier this summer we were at a site with no sewer and when we hooked to the TV we saw some liquid dripping off the belly cover. We didn't think too much about it because it had been raining and it was a little. Last week we were in Virginia for the week. The site had a concrete pad and a sewer. I keep the valve for the tanks closed and empty the gray when it needs it. I try to plan the last couple of days to have a full gray tank to empty after the black tank. When I went out to walk the dog one morning I saw a lot of liquid under the TT. When I checked there was a lot on the belly cover. It looks like I have to drop the cover and see where it is leaking.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #2

Doug,

We have the same trailer and also had dealer (Johnston RV) add a second tank. On one of the many return trips back to dealer for warranty work I also noticed dripping from the under belly. Asked them to check it out. One of the connections had loosened up and was causing the leak. Just needed to be tighten.
Hope that all your problem is.
Next time I'm in Hilton we will have to get together for a

Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #3

I stopped at Johnson RV in Palmyra today while I was out for work. I knew we had purchased the extended warranty when we bought it. I wasn't sure how long it was covered. It turns out it is covered until 7/2017! It's hooked up to the TV right now. Tomorrow morning I'm taking it to the Webster store to get it fixed. I just need it back by 8/30 for Labor Day weekend.

2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Old 08-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #4

Dropped it off in Webster this morning. They said they will look at it today. Hopefully I'll hear back later today.

2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Old 08-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #5

I was out and about today so I stopped in the check on the camper. A fitting on the gray tank is cracked. They have to drop the tank to fix the crack. They are also going to change the mounting so it doesn't flex. I also asked them to check on a couple of other things. The left rear tire was wearing on the inside edge. Something is wrong with the spindle. The axel needs replaced. The microwave didn't sound right last week. The fan isn't running. They are replacing the microwave. I think we are going to get our money's worth out of the extended warranty.

2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch