Old 03-19-2018, 05:44 PM   #1

Gray Water Tank Capacity

How much gray water tank capacity do you have on your Lacrosse 327 RES? What model year is your trailer?

I have a 2013 Lacrosse 327 RES and only have 30 gallon gray water tank capacity. Every bit of marketing literature I have seen says it should be 60 gallons. I took delivery of my unit in January 2013. I recently found the alleged discrepancy while doing some insulation work within the underbelly.

Thank you for your responses

Xian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #2

Do you have two gray tank dump valve handles??? If so, you have two tanks......probably 30 gallons each. Most manufacturers' brochures will say "60 gallon capacity" (for example) instead of saying what's really there.

Just a thought.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #3

x2. I was disappointed to find out my 60 gallon capacity is split between two tanks. One for the bath and one for the kitchen sink. I have two pull handles and I'm never going to run 30 gallons of kitchen sink water before filling the shower tank.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #4

Thank you for the response.

I know I only have 30 gallons of gray water tank capacity. First, I searched underneath the entire trailer and only saw 3 tanks. Fresh water, gray water and a black water tank. The gray and black tanks are both 30 gallons. Then I took the time to take a 1 gallon jug and repeatedly dumped water into the bathroom sink until water came up in the shower pan. It took me 32 gallons to get it to overflow. Afterwards I drained the gray tank slightly and put water into my kitchen sink. 2 gallons later water once again appeared in my shower pan. That tells me my bathroom sink, kitchen sink and shower share the same 30 gallon tank. I agree with you that a separate 30 gallon tank should service each area. Lastly, I do only have 1 gray tank handle.

My goal in this post is to see if any of the 2013 Lacrosse 327 RES trailers actually came with the 60 gallon gray tank capacity as stated in the Prime Time marketing literature. That was my assumption when I purchased the trailer.
Xian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:29 PM   #5

I tried looking at some other web pages to see what others said about capacity. Could not find another listing then prime times page. Oddly NADA shows that model didn't start till 2014
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
x2. I was disappointed to find out my 60 gallon capacity is split between two tanks. One for the bath and one for the kitchen sink. I have two pull handles and I'm never going to run 30 gallons of kitchen sink water before filling the shower tank.
X3. Exact same scenario here. And the galley grey handle is hidden behind a lower skirt and not with the the other grey and black handles in the bay. Wondered why the grey filled so fast first time out.
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #7

They do sell a valve that goes on the sewer line you could put that on the sewer line first then close the valve turn on both gray water valves then they will flow together. That would give you the 60 gals of gray water you are looking for...
wcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #8

2014 Lacross 327RES

I have a 2014 327RES. I have always thought it was a 60gal. I only have one grey dump lever. I have never measured or taken the lower cover off to check the size or volume of the tank. I may have to try check it out this spring after de-winterizing. I do believe that the fresh water tank is in the closet in the bedroom under the base it is 45gal, so if you saw 3 tanks underneath two must be grey. I hope it is 60 since that is what I paid for.

wolfe4656 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank