Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #1

Grey Tank Levels-Crusade 320RLT

Well hello all. So we finally got to use our new Crusader 320 this past long weekend and let me tell you I absolutely love it and do not regret the purchase one bit. Everything worked just perfect and we slept so well in it..which is very important as you know. One very minor question I have for you owners that have used your 320RLT more then I regarding the tank levels. For the amount of water that we used all seemed okay except the grey water. I used water in the galley for washing some dishes etc...nothing major, that was fine the level read 1/3 used..made sense. But then the grey tank as a whole read 2/3 full and that made no sense for outside of only two regular showers without the water running constantly and the use of small amount of water in the bathroom sink for washing hands, there is no way we used that much water for it to read 2/3 full. Makes no sense at all. Can someone clue me in on the gauges for this trailer?
gratefulone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulone81 View Post
Well hello all. So we finally got to use our new Crusader 320 this past long weekend and let me tell you I absolutely love it and do not regret the purchase one bit. Everything worked just perfect and we slept so well in it..which is very important as you know. One very minor question I have for you owners that have used your 320RLT more then I regarding the tank levels. For the amount of water that we used all seemed okay except the grey water. I used water in the galley for washing some dishes etc...nothing major, that was fine the level read 1/3 used..made sense. But then the grey tank as a whole read 2/3 full and that made no sense for outside of only two regular showers without the water running constantly and the use of small amount of water in the bathroom sink for washing hands, there is no way we used that much water for it to read 2/3 full. Makes no sense at all. Can someone clue me in on the gauges for this trailer?
Do not rely on stock level sensors. Period
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #3

Oh thanks but I realize not to rely on the level readings for this is not my first camper...actually its my third fifth wheel...and this is totally out of range even when not relying on it. Lets face it I am not going to run and wait for the grey tank water to come up into the shower or run and dump my grey tanks a bunch of times to figure out what it can hold...the gauges have to read somewhat near reasonable or what the heck is the purpose? I am also not a trickler that allows grey water to slowly trickle out so my question is really pointed to other Crusader owners to see what they have experienced.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sorry didn't mean to discount your knowledge.
What I guess I was trying to say was in a grey or black for that matter a film may occur
On the sensor giving it a false reading of the level
Being higher than it actually is.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #5

No didn't think you were discounting me in anyway...not to worry but do you think that it could form a film the first time its used? Its frustrating...I wish I just had a more reliable source.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Maureen,

Check out this post. It explains why there is a problem with tank indicators and how I fixed mine:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1-a-12710.html
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #7

Why go thru ALL that in a rand new unit...excerise your warranty and let the dealer worry about it. I had this same problem this past week in my new unit. I'm thinking the sensors may be super sensitive and/or maybe suds buildup from showers and washing dishes may have triggered the 2/3 indicator.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
Site Team - Lou

What she is experiencing is not a warranty problem.
It is an inherent problem with the tank indicating system design.
You will get the "working as designed" shrug at the dealer.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I think some of it is getting used to the new camper. As mentioned, the tank level indicators are rough guidelines at best. After you've camped in it a bit, you'll learn the capacities in days by experience and not rely so much on the indicators.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote