Old 07-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #11

Still waiting for a return call from my dealer. If I don't get a resolve, I'll post the dealer here.......If I do get a resolve, I'll start a new thread with praise for the dealer.....but not for FR for this bungle. I had noticed a smell when I winterized it last winter and replaced the toilet seal, thinking that was it, now I think the shower P trap went dry and it was coming thru there.......dammit.

Tim

Old 07-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #12

I have a PT Lacrosse and the shower goes to the grey.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdatk View Post
First post and not a good one, I bought a 2010Tracer 3000 BHS and have camped 3 times now. At first I thought it was my lack of familiarity with the unit, but now I confirmed the the shower is plumbed into the black tank. This is crazy, why the heck would anyone think this was a even a remotely good idea? Bathroom sink, maybe, but the shower..WTF... Who do I need to contact to resolve this insanity? At the last campsite my black tank filled in less than a day from the kids using the shower and me keeping the black tan dump closed as usual. Mark me PO'd

Tim

Tim, Before you throw someone off the TT's roof, contact Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels and tell them about the problem. Their customer service is second to none and if there is a problem, they may be able to expedite the the necessary authorization with your dealer to get it taken care of quickly.

P.S. By chance, your black tank valve wasn't partially open or something stuck in it keeping it open
while the shower and sinks were being used? Just a thought
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Tim, Before you throw someone off the TT's roof, contact Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels and tell them about the problem. Their customer service is second to none and if there is a problem, they may be able to expedite the the necessary authorization with your dealer to get it taken care of quickly.

P.S. By chance, your black tank valve wasn't partially open or something stuck in it keeping it open
while the shower and sinks were being used? Just a thought
I'll only throw them off the roof if they do nothing, which as of 4:15 pm today is whats happening. I'll give them until tomorrow(Friday) then the gloves are off. This is BS, they know it,s BS, smells like BS.... ....I am letting my dealer handle this for now, I'll get in touch with Prime Time in the meantime, thanks for the link.

Tim
Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #15

Our shower goes into the black tank and I do not wish to have it changed. When we have no sewer hook up, we take "sea showers" and it will take 3 days to fill the tank. I do like the extra water in the black tank. I come from boating all my life and only having one tank period. I am able to keep the black tank very clean with the shower water going to the black tank.

I do hope you find the resolution you are looking for.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #16

I'm assuming you're venting here and that's cool, we all have been there done that, but make sure when you're dealing with the dealership and the manufacturer that you're level headed and giving them a fair shot to correct it.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #17

I found it odd in my trailer that the kitchen sink darins in to the black tank while the shower and vanity the grey as usual. Thankfully the black tank is fairly large.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdatk View Post
First post and not a good one, I bought a 2010Tracer 3000 BHS and have camped 3 times now. At first I thought it was my lack of familiarity with the unit, but now I confirmed the the shower is plumbed into the black tank. This is crazy, why the heck would anyone think this was a even a remotely good idea? Bathroom sink, maybe, but the shower..WTF... Who do I need to contact to resolve this insanity? At the last campsite my black tank filled in less than a day from the kids using the shower and me keeping the black tan dump closed as usual. Mark me PO'd

Tim
My 3000BHS was plumbed the same way. The only thing going to the gray tank was the kitchen sink. I took it back and talked to the dealer. They contacted Prime Time and fixed it. The fix was to add a second gray tank in parallel with the original gray tank.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #19

Our Windjammer has two gray tanks and one black. The kitchen is in the nose of the trailer so it has it's own gray tank. The shower and the bathroom sink go to the other gray. Toilet is on the black. Running a shower to a black doesn't make sense unless it had very large capacity. I can see how it would keep the black tank cleaner but if you don't have sewer hookup running to the dump station would be a real pain if you are onsite for any extended period of time.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #20

I was told my new Rockwood 8219SS is plumbed with shower going in the black tank I haven't decided if it's a good thing or not. I take a very quick 3 minute shower and use very little water btw the GF uses the shower house because I told her she fills the tank she dumps it with the tote LOL

http://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank