Old 07-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
I was told my new Rockwood 8219SS is plumbed with shower going in the black tank I haven't decided if it's a good thing or not. I take a very quick 3 minute shower and use very little water btw the GF uses the shower house because I told her she fills the tank she dumps it with the tote LOL
My situation is I have my Wife and 2 daughters usually camping, they all like to use the facilities and often.....I need what DF 5.4 got from his dealer.
The way it is, using tank deodorizer is a waste of money, as I'm dumping the Black tank daily.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
I was told my new Rockwood 8219SS is plumbed with shower going in the black tank I haven't decided if it's a good thing or not.
Not a good idea for sure!

This will reduce your black tank capacity to 3 or 4 days (or less) instead of 10+ days...a huge PITA if you're on a site without full hook-up for two weeks.

If the grey tank fills, I've dealt with that by emptying with some pails and have even poured them into the black tank on a 5 day weekend. If the black and grey are mixed, it's using a tote or hauling the rig to the dump station.

I can't believe that any manufacturer would plumb it this way and actually think that it would be acceptable!

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #23

Good news, I spoke with a rep @ PT and they will fix this issue. They will send a new gray tank with a new monitor (now 3 tanks, 2 gray,1 black) to a dealer local to me and get this corrected. Thanks for all you help and input, I think this should end well if the install is done correctly......to be continued.....
Old 07-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdatk View Post
Good news, I spoke with a rep @ PT and they will fix this issue. They will send a new gray tank with a new monitor (now 3 tanks, 2 gray,1 black) to a dealer local to me and get this corrected. Thanks for all you help and input, I think this should end well if the install is done correctly......to be continued.....
On our first outing after the fix we had a leak. One of the plumbing joints loosened. I had to take it back to the dealer. That was the last time out last year. When I got it home I hooked it up to water at home and filled the gray tank and let it sit for a couple of days. No leaks. It's all working great now.

Make sure they seal around the pipes and plumbing that comes through the belly pan. Also make sure they tape over the seam in the belly pan. When I looked they just used duct tape. It started peeling off after a couple trips. I cleaned it off and resealed it with gorilla tape. That's holding up much better.

Good luck

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #25

Are all Tracer models built like this? I just bought a 2012 2900 BHS TODAY and I really hope its shower isn't draining into the black tank.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #26

This Topic has made me think of something. I'm not sure how the plumbing is, but I would think it would be cool to have a Valve somewhere so that when Grey Tank is getting full you can just route Grey Water to Black Tank.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
This Topic has made me think of something. I'm not sure how the plumbing is, but I would think it would be cool to have a Valve somewhere so that when Grey Tank is getting full you can just route Grey Water to Black Tank.
Not a bad Idea when your camping without a sewer hookup. Since the dump valves are downstream they would not work, you would need to plumb in a crossover PVC pipe 1" or more to the black tank with a check valve, no hand valve needed if you pipe it correctly.....

Tim
tdatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by smib View Post
Are all Tracer models built like this? I just bought a 2012 2900 BHS TODAY and I really hope its shower isn't draining into the black tank.
I sure hope not! I will sure be one unhappy camper (pun intended) if this is true!

Dwayne

Tags
black tank