Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
RodeoGeorge,
I re-posted your link on another forum and it was quickly pointed out that there are some significant errors in their "comparison chart". I sent the company an email asking if they would be willing to correct those errors and haven't received any reply.

It might be best not to post links to this comparison chart unless it is corrected. It gives a very inaccurate view of reality.

Barry,

Can you please share with us the discrepancies, so that we can be aware of them?

Thanks

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post

Barry,

Can you please share with us the discrepancies, so that we can be aware of them?

Thanks

RodeoGeorge
I won't try to figure out everything that's wrong, but the SurgeGuard hardwired 50-amp units do have a remote display and do shutdown
power for reverse polarity...for example.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #23
Owner/Operator

I'm in no way connected with Progressive Industries, but I can tell you that I have the hardwired 50A unit sitting on my desk, and it does have a remote display.

There are two versions of the hardwired 50A unit, one with, and one without the remote display.

If you look at the chart you will see that the EMS-HW50C has the remote display, and the EMS-LHC50C has a display built in.

I cannot address the reverse polarity issue, except to state that the Progressive Industries Web Site states "If AC power is a reverse polarity condition, the EMS will not allow power to the RV and the error code will read E-1."

I do not plan to "test" this feature, but would find it hard to believe that a manufacturer would explicitly state that, and it not be true.

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #24

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the PI units description. I said SurgeGuard.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote