Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post

Maybe some day they'll be able to build something that can safely harness that hemi power.Until then I'll have to not push down so hard with my right foot.

1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #42

Some people here are so touchy. Chill out folks.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #43

Quote:

http://www.iihs.org/externaldata/srdata/docs/sr4605.pdf says otherwise (in fact the F-150 Ext Cab and STD Cabs have more deaths per 1m according to IIHS), but I bet I could form a "research group" to prove my s#!t don't stink either. At the end of the day, the question is, are you happy with what you bought? If so, good job, "you are a wiener!". If not, then why in the h-e-double hockey sticks did you buy it?
'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #44
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
What is a 2900NHS?
BHS. New 2013 Prime Time Manufacturing Tracer 2900BHS Travel Trailers at Campers Inn Elkhart Indiana Campers Inn

Prime Time Tracer I think.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsky View Post
Some people here are so touchy. Chill out folks.
I am not touchy....I love a little friendly bantering.....Although I cannot speak for others....I am sorry to hear that you were one of the unlucky ones with the 6.0's some people did not have any troubles while others had nothing but....It seems like if the engine had troubles, it repeatedly had problems...you either had a good one or junk. Seriously speaking, Ford has already sold more eco's than 6.0's. At the same point in the 6.0 history, there were more reported problems than what has been reported with the eco....and we are now living in the time of internet forums...could you imagine the posts that would have occurred back in the days of the 6.0's?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6 View Post
http://www.iihs.org/externaldata/srdata/docs/sr4605.pdf says otherwise (in fact the F-150 Ext Cab and STD Cabs have more deaths per 1m according to IIHS), but I bet I could form a "research group" to prove my s#!t don't stink either. At the end of the day, the question is, are you happy with what you bought? If so, good job, "you are a wiener!". If not, then why in the h-e-double hockey sticks did you buy it?
That data is for 2005-2008. The link I posted is for 2012. If you look at your data, the F150 CC 4X4 VS the Ram 1500 4X4 it's a tie at 40 deaths per million. They don't list any data for the Ram version of the extended cab. If you look at the same trucks in 4X2 the Ram has 49 deaths to the F150's 44 deaths. Does the lack of extended cab data mean there were 0 deaths? If so, then only Dodge had deaths in the very large section. That doesn't make sense, but I may have missed something.

But really, this thread was about F150's towing Primetime TT's. Why are we where we at now? Because Dodge and GM owners seem to want to invade any thread about Fords and Ecoboosts and talk them down. This all goes back to forum courtesy, which it is getting to be rarer and rarer around here.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #47

Quote:
That data is for 2005-2008. The link I posted is for 2012. If you look at your data, the F150 CC 4X4 VS the Ram 1500 4X4 it's a tie at 40 deaths per million. They don't list any data for the Ram version of the extended cab. If you look at the same trucks in 4X2 the Ram has 49 deaths to the F150's 44 deaths. Does the lack of extended cab data mean there were 0 deaths? If so, then only Dodge had deaths in the very large section. That doesn't make sense, but I may have missed something.

But really, this thread was about F150's towing Primetime TT's. Why are we where we at now? Because Dodge and GM owners seem to want to invade any thread about Fords and Ecoboosts and talk them down. This all goes back to forum courtesy, which it is getting to be rarer and rarer around here.
My point was more on the side of it doesn't matter what you link, "research groups" can be swayed to prove anything and just drive what you bought. Also, I do recall your post was throwing a few stones itself, coercing a feud. Remember, when you point one finger at someone else, three more point right back at you.

As far as the OP question, it seems to have been answered and confirmed multiple times. The EB F150 with a tow package will tow it just fine.
'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6 View Post
Also, I do recall your post was throwing a few stones itself, coercing a feud. Remember, when you point one finger at someone else, three more point right back at you.
Sorry about that, I didn't realize posting facts was throwing stones.

You really should practice what you preach brother. You're quick to criticize anything Ford and now you want to accuse me of coercing a fued?

Would you take issue if I was to post a snide remark in a thread where you're talking about your TT? If you have nothing positive to say, why say anything at all?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #49

You guys are right, I started this post asking about the Ecoboost and if anyone had used one to pull their TT. Between the info I got here and my own research I bought one. I've been a die hard GM guy for as long as I can remember but, I got to tell you my new F-150 ecoboost is one awsome truck and I can't wait to get my first 1000 miles on it and hook up my 2900BHS just to pull it down the road. My truck, your truck their truck, it's all good, as long as you like it, that's all that matters.

Dayle and Toni
2011 2900BHS
2012 F-150 4x4 Supercrew Maxtow etc. etc. etc. EcoBoost
Old 08-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #50

Glad you're enjoying it gimp425. Congrats!