Old 04-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
Unhappy Help and Advice Need Lacrosse 318BHS

A few weeks after we took possession of our new trailer, we noticed the floor from the TV to the bunk area felt soft. Bringing this to the attention of the dealer, it was noted that there was no reinforcement under the floor to support it. Thinking it was an oversight, your dealership contacted the manufacturer only to be informed that the trailer was designed this way and there was not any room under the floor for supports because of the holding tanks.

After a few months, the conditioned worsen. Again I brought it up to the service manager and he contacted the extended warranty company. They agreed there was an issue and the warranty company issued an approval to have the floor reinforced. However, after the repair, the service manager informed us that only one-half of the floor could be reinforced because there was no room between the tanks and the floor.

This condition is getting worse and worse and it is not to the point of being dangerous. We are both retired and my wife has a balance problem. She almost lost her balance 2 or 3 times over the past month. As you will see in the attached video, the floor dips 2 to 3 inches when waked upon. A few weeks ago, a casserole was on the table in the video and it fell off the table because it leaned.

I have had RV friends visit and without mentioning a word about the floor they comment that my floor is rotten. I say no and that the manufacturer states this is the way it is designed. They think I am playing with them. What will happen if I go to sell the trailer? Do you think people will believe this is the design of this trailer.

The dealer did inspect the floor and there is NO evidence of water damage.

As stated above, the complaints of this issue has been going on since the beginning. Since it is getting worse as time is going on, it has become a hazard for my wife with balance. If she falls, at her age and condition it will be tragic.

Has anyone had this issue? Forest River has denied my warranty claim when it was in the warranty stating that this is the way it is designed. It has gotten serious in the last few months and it is getting to the point that since the balance issue with my wife the trailer will not be useable.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get this fixed by the manufacturer and get this trailer into a safe condition?
Attached Files
rvenneman is offline   Reply With Quote

318bhs, lacrosse