Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #1

Help. Furnace not igniting

2012 3150bhd- heater worked all night
Now gas just ran out do I switched tanks . Stoves work BUT Furnace just clicks lutes for a sec then goes out.
Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #2

Now ignites and exhaust is hot but vents blow room temp/cool
Old 11-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Be patient, and let it run for a while. Takes a while for warm air to come out after it lights. Not like your house furnace at all. If it lights, and exhaust is hot, the vents will start to blow warm air, just not right away.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #4

Ok found out that I can't use outdoor kitchen cook top with furnace on! It must run off same gas line? THEN. I took furnace cover off when wouldn't lite and figured out furnace will not get hot with big hole flooding unit with cold air . I turned off o/d kitchen = lit, pot cover back on = heat.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #5

Don't seem to be as hot as it was b4, but I'll let her run for hour and recheck. But as of after 20 min of running it's not as hot as was yesturday
Old 11-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols View Post
Don't seem to be as hot as it was b4, but I'll let her run for hour and recheck. But as of after 20 min of running it's not as hot as was yesturday
Just a thought~~~~Make sure propane valve is completely open. Everything that uses propane is on the same line from your tank. You should be able to heat water, warm the rig and bake a cake, using propane, all at the same time.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols View Post

Your saying that after you switched tanks, things don't work as well as before? I had the same problem after I switched tanks for the first time. After some "trial and error" by putting the full tank back on the side that just ran out, everything worked normal. I concluded that there must be a problem with the tank switching valve or obstruction in the line on that side. I then got the tank refilled and tried the "bad side" again and had the same result (poor quality flame). The way I tested this was light a stove burner, then the second, and third. Watch the quality of the flame as you light each one. They all should remain relatively constant and blue. If they start lowering themselves and/or the tip of the flame turns yellow, then that means the pressure has dropped either due to low propane in the tank or obstruction in the line.

Physically swap your tanks from one side to the other and use the side where you had everything working well and perform test again.

I had the same problem with my 303RKS, related the same results to Brandon at Prime Time and he sent me a completely new regulator, switching valve, tank pigtails and supply line assembly direct to my house.

Hope this helps you pinpoint the problem and by swapping tanks, will keep you warm for the rest of the weekend.

Good luck and Happy Camping.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #8

FYI: I had a defective pig-tail on my passenger side tank day one. Replaced it and everything works great.

2011 Crusader 270RET
2008 F-250 Diesel
NottieMatt is offline   Reply With Quote